Sign in to follow this  
prof pat

1933-34 dodge

Did any of the 33-34 dodges come with an outside rear view mirror? Also looking for a locking spare tire cap, any one have either?:)

Hi, I'm new to this site and own a 33. I am not familiar with ever seeing any with exterior rear view mirrors. Not able to help with locking cap, sorry. Do you know of any 33 Dodge taillights available anywhere? My car has the round script lights which I've been told are for 33-35 Dodge trucks. I would really like to have a pair of original taillights. Thanks, Mike

Out side rear view mirrors were an option, but both drivers and passanger side were available. Your tail lights depend on what model you have, as a generalality, the KCL were on the long chassie, and had more truck parts. If you just need lenses, then ebay, has them on and off. Complete original tails will be harder to come by. Suggest Hemmings Motor news classified. Good Luck, regards Pat

Hi Guys,

I have a 34 DR Sedan ( US Body ) and the external mirrors were an optional item. The locking spare tyre caps are hard to find. I saw one at a swap meet and the guy wanted $70 for it. I'm now kicking myself for not getting it. Keep an eye on ebay as they do come up rarely.

The same with the tail lights. I've been on the lookout for ones for my car that are in better condition but I have never seen a pair listed. There is a guy in New Zealand that makes the lenses but you have to be careful of the measurements as they are different.

Try this one too :

Vintage Tail LIght Lenses for cars, trucks and motorcycles

I've tried 4 different types of lenses and all were different and look different.

Regards

Ian

Ian, seems like you have run into exactly the same problems. I resorted to an old after market locking hub cap. Close but not perfect. I am sure most of us are also looking for nice hub caps to no avail. Thanks for your input, stay in touch. regards Pat