Sign in to follow this  
Barry Wolk

Post a picture of your ride and your bride, or significant other.

Picture of wife Val. This day was the 1<SUP>st</SUP> and only time she ever drove the 55. No desire to ever get behind the wheel of it again however she has no problems sitting in the passenger’s seat and touring in any of the old cars.

post-30758-143138605361_thumb.jpg

The lovely Jody in our 1921 Franklin touring.

We love to toodle along the Texas back roads.

post-31538-143138605365_thumb.jpg

Well its been 1 week to the day! and here is the Bride (my daughter) and the car that was restored for the day ..

A while back I asked about letting another or myself to drive it for the "wedding car"and one answer I got was ask her..

Well she wanted her daddy and it made it all a special day..

The reception had a entrance that I was able to leave the car and play music in it all night long .. All the guest where able to take photos anytime they wanted ...

Plus I was able to ride it home

post-72124-143138624222_thumb.jpg

Well its been 1 week to the day! and here is the Bride (my daughter) and the car that was restored for the day ..

A while back I asked about letting another or myself to drive it for the "wedding car"and one answer I got was ask her..

Well she wanted her daddy and it made it all a special day..

The reception had a entrance that I was able to leave the car and play music in it all night long .. All the guest where able to take photos anytime they wanted ...

Plus I was able to ride it home

Absolutely GORGEOUS! Oh....the car is beautiful, too.

Here is a picture taken last fall of the my bride and her favorate ride, the blue Ford retractable. This is an reenactment of an incident that had happened just an hour before on that fall day in 2010. We were heading home from a car show with me in the lead in our red and white retractable when she said her car stalled and she drifted off the road. She wanted to check the "kill switch" so she popped the hood and since the hood opens at the windshield she could see into the motor and said she saw orange flames. She quickly grabbed the extinguisher which has been laying on the floor for the passed 35 years and put out the fire. She kept the car from being destroyed that day with her quick thinking. I will tell this , Shirley and I have been married for 55 years so for her age she works and thinks fast in a crises. She will drive just about all my old cars. I wanted to have her drive my 1918 Buick but I told her she would have to learn how to double clutch. She quickly said you can't fool me I know that one of those pedals is the brake. By the way the Blue Retractable has had all the damage areas repainted, the bad wireing replaced along with a new carburater and what ever else it needed. It is as good as new and back on the road.

post-61302-143138624634_thumb.jpg

post-61302-14313862466_thumb.jpg

My wife has no interest in any of my treasures, but we did make a family trip to Yorktown, VA for a Studebaker Drivers Club meet. She is pictured with my two daughters and my Studebaker 2 board farm wagon.

Yorktown2008014.jpg

The handsom young man on the "dual cowl" is my youngest son when he was about 8 or 9. He is 20 now. I bought the little car about 15 years ago at Hershey in the condition of the before photo. Sometimes You can find things at Hershey you didn't know you were looking for. The story from the seller is that the car came off a circa 1940 amusement park ride in mid-state NY. There were several of these cars on a merry-go-round platform. It is hand made, all steel that someone put a lot of time in. The fenders were made in sections and butt welded together. I restored it with the "help" of my son. He picked the colors. I added a few other swap meet finds like the 37 Chevy hood ornament, generic motorcycle tail lamps and an unknown pair of tail light buckets for headlights. Head, tail & brake lights are functional. I built a chassis out of square tubing and angle iron. The drive train was donated from a late 60's early 70's General Electric, "Electrak" lawn tractor. It runs on 36Volts using 2 deep cycle 12v marine batteries behind the rear seat and one under the front seat. The electric motor is under rear seat. It can seat 4 kids, weighs about 400lbs with a 48 inch wheel base.

For contrast, the car behind the dual cowl is my 1935 Cadillac V12 Fleetwood 6075 limo that I bought in 1970, my senior year of H.S. It weighs 5800 lbs, 146" WB. I Restored it a few years before the photo was taken. I still own the Cadillac.

post-58548-143138635377_thumb.jpg

post-58548-14313863542_thumb.jpg

Thanks Ben. That's Mt Hood, Oregon, in the background and my wife Deb and our '32 Dodge 8 in the foreground.

Bill

My wife on our big day and honeymoon, June 26, 2010. My '60 Cadillac I've had for 11 years. I started saving when I was 11 years old and bought it when I was 19.

DSC_0340.jpg

DSC_0341.jpg

DSC_0328.jpg

DSC_0583.jpg

DSC_0635.jpg

And here we are close to a year and a half later the day we bought her dream car, a '37 Chevrolet 4 door. It will soon be our family car. (We just bought it last weekend). Long way to go with it, but she's super excited. That's the daughter of the man who was the 2nd owner.

Picture193.jpg

Brandon.

p.s. Sorry for the size of the pictures

I guess I can also add this picture, too. This is a picture of my grandmother and grandfather on their first date in 1938. He had a '29 Chevrolet and took her home after Decoration Day at Church. This picture is in front of the house my grandmother grew up in.

About 70 years later, my wife (then fiance) and I went back to the original house with my '31 Chevrolet and recreated the picture as closely as possible. I was supposed to borrow a '38 license plate from a collector but it fell through, so I did have to use a computer and transplant the license plate, but other than that and turning it black and white, that's how it looks now.

79YearsAllTogether.jpg

Brandon

The two best dates ever! One in the yard and one at the drive-in getting ready to watch Cars 2. On the waterfront throwing rocks and one at car show. Happy times!

And everyone always asks me why I don't paint this car...

Oh man, I REALLY love this car.

Heres my wife Marie with the Ranchero at Hahn's Peak just outside of Steamboat Springs, Co. This was during our Falcon Club of America's national meet that was held in steamboat springs last July.

P1010388.jpg

Really great pictures, guys. Those of you who have wives or significant others who like your cars as much as you do are very, very lucky! Every time I buy a car or a new model, I get "What do you need another one for? They all look alike."

Can't resist this one - after going through a lot of pictures, I'm kinda liking this one from Hershey this past year. Perfect weather, driving our MG onto the show field, and my best old car buddy w/me in the swap meet. It just doesn't get any better! (Yes, it's her car-notice the grease under her fingernails!).

Terry

post-30751-143138799366_thumb.jpg

Well, I've never posted a photo before and this seemed a good time to try. Here's a shot of my wife and I, along with our 1907 Franklin, at the 75th Anniv. AACA tour/show in Louisville, KY. It was Mary's 1st AACA Nat'l tour, and the Franklin's 1st tour as well. Both did well and we had a wonderful time.post-31761-143138799501_thumb.jpg