Sign in to follow this  
61 flxible

WOW found one! 61buick flxible

Here's a couple more I like, that you can use, if you wish. Thanks for the honor, if you will...

Awsome, Thanks alot mike! Just enlarged the pictures on the plasma (That is one sweet machine)!!! Do you have a special name for it??

Thanks, Raymond.

A special name for the cars? No, not really. I sometimes refer to the wagon as the "big white whale". I once had two black '62 Starfires, exactly the same, but the one I bought first and still have I called "#1", and the one I later bought and sold (another story unto itself, trust me) I called "#2", just to differentiate them.

At the time I had both of them, I was toying with calling the better-looking one "Raquel", and the lesser of the two "Wilhemina", but that never lasted...So, I guess I sometimes refer to the Starfire I have as the "black beauty", with apologies to the Green Hornet, and the horse...

Just an update on the '62 Olds wagon--the engine is back in it, all rebuilt and running, and it has a newly-rebuilt Slim-Jim transmission (would take a half-hour to tell you my escapade with that, but it ends nicely, as I ended up with THREE as good as new, one for the wagon, one for my Starfire, and a spare!).

Just a couple more tweaks, and it will be back home soon. Here's a couple of pics from a few days back...

post-49040-143138777057_thumb.jpg

post-49040-143138777063_thumb.jpg

post-49040-14313877707_thumb.jpg

post-49040-143138777073_thumb.jpg

post-49040-14313877732_thumb.jpg

Why is there never a rear view of cars like these available? It's so hard to identify many of these cars, and simple station wagons for that matter, from the rear because no one ever seems to photograph them from that perspective. And that's the perspective that matters for wagons and professional cars! There are major differences in trim and components in the rear of any wagon and/or professional car, yet all I ever seem to see are the same photos of the front clip for every car.:mad:

Sorry, just venting.:o:)

Dave@Moon, your post is nearly 6 months old, but I just read it for the first time. It is as though you took the words right out of my mouth. I gravitate toward wagons, always have. It seems as though there are less photographs of wagons then other models, and especially fewer showing the rear perspective. Many times wagons have tail light and bumper configurations that are unique to them - this is particularly true of hearses. If there is a stranger, quirkier looking rear perspective than the one on a late 40s Packard hearse, I can't think of one. This 61 Buick flxible is a beast. Look at those tail lights - weird and COOL.