WOW found one! 61buick flxible

Guest 61 flxible

Guest 61 flxible

Ever since a child i've had this thing for professional cars but as i grew so did the love of there history. Couple months ago my dream came to me, not like most people! I was offered the first chance at a 1961 Buick flxible flxette before i was pulled out of the barn(i know your thinking BARN OUCH) but it looked like it was pulled in yesturday or the day before!! There was NOT one BAD PIGEON AND ALL RODENTS MUST HAVE BEEN SCARED OF IT! absolutly amazing for years in an Ontario Canada barn, its started to show age alot better than me but i didnt spend alot of my life in a barn in Canada!! completely original(except tires) as far as i have been told. Runs and drives PERFECT, better than my cadillac. If ANYONE has info on this car or knows anything about it could you spare some time and fill me in?? Car will NOT be sold,parted or altered in anyway, maybe restored to complete original condition or preserved as a beautiful surviving piece of history!

post-76332-143138594693_thumb.jpg

post-76332-143138594729_thumb.jpg

post-76332-143138594761_thumb.jpg

post-76332-143138594794_thumb.jpg

post-76332-143138595176_thumb.jpg

post-76332-143138595207_thumb.jpg

post-76332-143138595238_thumb.jpg

post-76332-14313859527_thumb.jpg

post-76332-143138595301_thumb.jpg

Edited by 61 flxible (see edit history)

Here's a link to some '61 Buick Flxible pics, but your best source of info on the actual car

would be from the Professional Car Society.

TG

Why is there never a rear view of cars like these available? It's so hard to identify many of these cars, and simple station wagons for that matter, from the rear because no one ever seems to photograph them from that perspective. And that's the perspective that matters for wagons and professional cars! There are major differences in trim and components in the rear of any wagon and/or professional car, yet all I ever seem to see are the same photos of the front clip for every car.:mad:

Sorry, just venting.:o:)

Guest 61 flxible
Interesting car, how about some exterior pics?

beautiful pic of the oldsmobile! just put up exterior pics of the 61 flxible, should have engine and drivetrain pics up in a day or so. Its really nice to have someone say its interesting and not creapy or disgusting! thank you :D

Dave,

You vented too soon! ;) I always look in our own Gallery for pics, and found this one

posted by Centurion some years ago.

2031961_flxible_rear-med.jpg

Congrats 61flxible on realizing your dream. Doesn't look like it will take much to bring

the '61 back to great condition. I see you've already hooked up with the PCS,

so maybe their vast network will know more about the car's origins.

TG

Guest 61 flxible
Dave,

You vented too soon! ;) I always look in our own Gallery for pics, and found this one

posted by Centurion some years ago.

2031961_flxible_rear-med.jpg

Congrats 61flxible on realizing your dream. Doesn't look like it will take much to bring

the '61 back to great condition. I see you've already hooked up with the PCS,

so maybe their vast network will know more about the car's origins.

TG

Thank you for your pic and time! One thing i noticed on all 1961 model pictures is that they used the same front bumper on the rear(BUT NOT MINE) i have different rear bumper that seems as though it is original to the car as the contours all flow together! I dont know but find it very strange that there is such a difference in the rear bumper.:)

Guest 61 flxible
Wow! The condition of the interior is unbelievable!

Nice score!

Thanks, thats what i thought for sitting in an old barn in southern Ontario for 20-25yrs he really couldnt remember when it was parked. Nothing was seized up(new carb kit,cleaned fuel pump and delivery system,compression test on all cylinders new fluids and oil pressure test) VROOM.. fired right up, not a noise and no smoke!! my dad almost pooped..... runs better than our 65 impala 4dr hardtop postless! Thank you for your comment and looking! :D

Guest 61 flxible
Did you happen to buy this vehicle from a fellow with the initials N E ?

No accually his initials are T.W! why have you seen another like this one? if so could you post a pic! Thank you

Its really nice to have someone say its interesting and not creapy or disgusting! thank you :D

I owned a 79 Cadillac station wagon conversion a number of years ago. Even though it was obviously a wagon everyone called it a hearse, especially after I painted it black! This is definitely a different looking car, very unique. How many of these were made?

There was a fellow in Ontario who was in the habit of "discovering" pro cars that turned out to not be exactly what they were advertised as. Glad yours isn't one of those. The PCS Annual Show is in Ohio this week. When the PCS site gets cooking again next week I am sure all your questions will be answered. By the way...no one actually said it wasn't creepy and disgusting. Just joking. We spent an enormous amount of time restoring a '58 Eureka Flower Car a few years back. The appreciation of pro cars has mushroomed in the last few years thanks mostly to the efforts of the PCS to preserve these unusual vehicles and their history.

Guest 61 flxible
I owned a 79 Cadillac station wagon conversion a number of years ago. Even though it was obviously a wagon everyone called it a hearse, especially after I painted it black! This is definitely a different looking car, very unique. How many of these were made?

Thanks for the interest in my car, your 79 conversion caddy sounds like a very interesting car as well! After decoding the v.i.n my understanding is that there was 17 total production cars from flxible that year including(hearse,ambulance,combo's and limo's) after countless hrs of searching and help from many people it's begining to look like this may just be the only surviving original! To add to the confusion my 61 model does not sport the same bumper as all pictures of the other 61 production models! Makes me love it even more! :D;):D

Guest 61 flxible
There was a fellow in Ontario who was in the habit of "discovering" pro cars that turned out to not be exactly what they were advertised as. Glad yours isn't one of those. The PCS Annual Show is in Ohio this week. When the PCS site gets cooking again next week I am sure all your questions will be answered. By the way...no one actually said it wasn't creepy and disgusting. Just joking. We spent an enormous amount of time restoring a '58 Eureka Flower Car a few years back. The appreciation of pro cars has mushroomed in the last few years thanks mostly to the efforts of the PCS to preserve these unusual vehicles and their history.

Do you have any pictures of that 58 Eureka Flower Car, sound beautiful?? I have always appreciated pro cars but just thought i wasnt lucky enough to own one but my 25yr wait payed off! And just like you said it has mushroomed in the last few yrs but has expoded in me. My shop has been going through this transformation over the last few months with all the memories of years gone by! Anyone who thinks its creepy or disgusting is perfect that just means no one will want to intrude on my cruising time with my new found sweetheart! Thanks for spending some of your time to comment, and would really like a picture of that Flower Car for my shop wall if it ok with you to have a picture of your Pro Car on my wall of history Pro Cars? Thanks again:)

It is good that the PCS and others are preserving these cars and their history. There were far more builders of these cars over than years than one would suppose and many were of extremely limited production. The '58 Eureka Flower Car we did was 1 of 4 built. We are now doing a '59 Eureka Hearse that is 1 of 12. Google 1958 Eureka Flower Car for an article and pics of the Flower Car that appeared in the Washington Times a few years ago. You definitely should join the PCS. They have a great Quarterly mag and an active web site.

Guest 61 flxible
Beautiful car....If I could specialize, I would certainly specialize in professional cars and trucks. So unique!

Thanks for your really nice comment! I never imagined that owning a professional car could be so interesting and the history behind them is amazing! Wish i had what you have in your colletion very impressive and beautiful! Thanks again

OK, hope this works. Not a "professional" car, but since it was brought up about pics of wagons from the rear, here are a couple of my '62 Olds Dynamic 88 Fiesta station wagon. Notice how the back end more closely resembles a '61 Olds. Curiouslly enough, the Cotner-Bevington treatment for the '62 Olds "professional" cars actually used a full-size '62 Olds rear quarter, as opposed to the '61-like ones here; on the ambulances and hearses, the oval taillight from the '62 Olds was inverted vertically, much like a '62 Pontiac Safari wagon would have...

post-49040-143138597809_thumb.jpg

post-49040-143138597817_thumb.jpg

Guest 61 flxible

Beautiful Wagon! Maybe you could put up a couple more of the interior and engine bay please? Impressive car!

Guest 61 flxible

Thanks Mike!! This thing i've had for Pro Cars has been brought back to life since my dream has been answered, but the thing i've had for classic wagons has never had the chance to fade away! I am astonished by the condition of your 62 Olds Dynamic(incredible). After 35yrs on the planet i have finally sunk into the transformation, my shop over the past month has had alot of local attention due to the new arrival and the pictures of classic wagons and Pro Cars i have collected! Next question is: do I have your permission to put your name and info into a picture for the wall of my shop? Thanks again Mike, love the body lines and curves! If I can't have what you got, can I show off your picture of the Olds?:):D:)

Yes, you may print off the pics, and put my name down if you wish.

Don't know if you'd find this useful to compare and contrast, but here are a couple of pics I took at Fall Hershey last year of my "other" car, my '62 Olds Starfire Coupe...In case you need it, it's Mike Cibulas, and I'm from North Canton, Ohio. Good luck, and thanks for having me on your "wall"...

post-49040-143138600049_thumb.jpg

post-49040-143138600053_thumb.jpg

post-49040-143138600055_thumb.jpg

Guest 61 flxible
Yes, you may print off the pics, and put my name down if you wish.

Don't know if you'd find this useful to compare and contrast, but here are a couple of pics I took at Fall Hershey last year of my "other" car, my '62 Olds Starfire Coupe...In case you need it, it's Mike Cibulas, and I'm from North Canton, Ohio. Good luck, and thanks for having me on your "wall"...

Thank you Mike!! Very happy to have pics like these on my wall of the shop! Thanks for the info, send you a picture after I get it all together!:D

Guest 61 flxible
Here's a couple more I like, that you can use, if you wish. Thanks for the honor, if you will...

Awsome, Thanks alot mike! Just enlarged the pictures on the plasma (That is one sweet machine)!!! Do you have a special name for it??

Thanks, Raymond.

A special name for the cars? No, not really. I sometimes refer to the wagon as the "big white whale". I once had two black '62 Starfires, exactly the same, but the one I bought first and still have I called "#1", and the one I later bought and sold (another story unto itself, trust me) I called "#2", just to differentiate them.

At the time I had both of them, I was toying with calling the better-looking one "Raquel", and the lesser of the two "Wilhemina", but that never lasted...So, I guess I sometimes refer to the Starfire I have as the "black beauty", with apologies to the Green Hornet, and the horse...

• 5 months later...

Just an update on the '62 Olds wagon--the engine is back in it, all rebuilt and running, and it has a newly-rebuilt Slim-Jim transmission (would take a half-hour to tell you my escapade with that, but it ends nicely, as I ended up with THREE as good as new, one for the wagon, one for my Starfire, and a spare!).

Just a couple more tweaks, and it will be back home soon. Here's a couple of pics from a few days back...

post-49040-143138777057_thumb.jpg

post-49040-143138777063_thumb.jpg

post-49040-14313877707_thumb.jpg

post-49040-143138777073_thumb.jpg

post-49040-14313877732_thumb.jpg

Why is there never a rear view of cars like these available? It's so hard to identify many of these cars, and simple station wagons for that matter, from the rear because no one ever seems to photograph them from that perspective. And that's the perspective that matters for wagons and professional cars! There are major differences in trim and components in the rear of any wagon and/or professional car, yet all I ever seem to see are the same photos of the front clip for every car.:mad:

Sorry, just venting.:o:)

Dave@Moon, your post is nearly 6 months old, but I just read it for the first time. It is as though you took the words right out of my mouth. I gravitate toward wagons, always have. It seems as though there are less photographs of wagons then other models, and especially fewer showing the rear perspective. Many times wagons have tail light and bumper configurations that are unique to them - this is particularly true of hearses. If there is a stranger, quirkier looking rear perspective than the one on a late 40s Packard hearse, I can't think of one. This 61 Buick flxible is a beast. Look at those tail lights - weird and COOL.