Sign in to follow this  
farrellg

1931 Merchants Express

I have a Truck Master Parts Book, it covers both my Trucks U124 & U133. But it has pictures of trucks in the front. I would love to find the model specific parts books for them. Additionally, I have the instruction book for both models. However, publish date is in 1929. The U133 book is the actual one that came with the truck. The original owner had it. The U124 book I picked up.

George,

give this guy a shout. Maybe he'll have something specific for your U-124 Pickup ? If you call and he has one, I'd make sure of what type of truck body is pictured on the inside cover first before committing to purchase. Hes pretty helpful and knowledgable about these trucks and should be able to help or point you in the right direction if he doesn't have anything in stock. I didn't see anything that matches your U-124 in his current database online but I'd still call him if I were you, a call may turn up different results. Good luck.

Arizona Parts

Sorry took so long to post these photos. These are of the reverse lock out on my U133 1 Ton. The rod goes though a hole or slot in the base of the shifter. The lever by the handle must be pulled up to allow the transmission to be shifted into reverse. This prevents accidental shifting of the transmission into reverse.

post-69599-143141764482_thumb.jpg

post-69599-143141764486_thumb.jpg

post-69599-143141764489_thumb.jpg

post-69599-143141764493_thumb.jpg

I noticed in the Master Parts book different frame part #'s for the DE and the DA 120. They must be different frame shapes since both models have have different #.

Do the DA 120 and DA 124 have the raised hump over the rear axle ?

A Diamond in the rough............1932 Dodge Brothers F-10 1/2 ton PU /w 109" wheel base.

NICE....great job !

Care to post any pics of the body ? would love to see the rest of it. Pics are always informative and helpful to others :)

post-87257-143141780705_thumb.jpg

post-87257-143141780707_thumb.jpg

post-87257-143141780709_thumb.jpg

post-87257-143141780711_thumb.jpg

post-87257-143141780722_thumb.jpg

I noticed in the Master Parts book different frame part #'s for the DE and the DA 120. They must be different frame shapes since both models have have different #.

Do the DA 120 and DA 124 have the raised hump over the rear axle ?

My DA 124 has the raised hump over the rear axle, don't know about the 120s

A Diamond in the rough............1932 Dodge Brothers F-10 1/2 ton PU /w 109" wheel base.

Man it's good to see these old trucks making a comeback. Thanks for posting Old Dodger.. Very nice.

I wish mine were that rough

Here is some more info on the reverse lockout. They show the models, shift pattern etc. This was a four speed. Reverse was all the way to the right and down. The lockout prevented the operator catching reverse when trying to get fourth.

post-69599-143141783398_thumb.jpg

post-69599-143141783402_thumb.jpg

post-69599-143141783406_thumb.jpg

post-69599-14314178341_thumb.jpg

post-69994-14314196776_thumb.jpg

Thought of you when I seen this George. I realize it's earlier than yours but thought it was neat to see the Merchant's Express listed.

Edited by 30DodgePanel
Terrible spelling error (see edit history)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]199981[/ATTACH] That of you when I seen this George. I realize it's earlier than yours but thought it was neat to see the Merchant's Express listed.

Looks like the "E" series 1 ton. Where did you find this ad? Is it possible to get a better resolution picture I could put with my files?

Same place I found this one of two right hand drive models in a British advert. I saved this one because of the Panel truck that is one year older than my panel. That's the best I can do for you Sherman. Try clicking on it a few times to blow it up to see if that works if you haven't already.

post-69994-143141968758_thumb.jpg

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

Looks like the "E" series 1 ton. Where did you find this ad? Is it possible to get a better resolution picture I could put with my files?

Pretty sure this identical add is on e-bay over and over again, nobody wants to spend the 5 dollars so he keeps re-listing, maybe the B.W add too but cant be sure on that one

Pretty sure this identical add is on e-bay over and over again, nobody wants to spend the 5 dollars so he keeps re-listing, maybe the B.W add too but cant be sure on that one

Yes Jason that's where I found them. Sorry Sherman, wasn't avoiding your question intentionally just thought you would have known after I posted them. It's really some incredible artwork, the nostalgic impression it leaves us with today is pretty incredible for such a simple ad. I wish I did have a larger version of it too.

Very close to my 31. In 31 the bed was not attached to the cab on my truck. More like a modern pickup with a bit of separation. But you can see the use of the express term.

I wish I did have a larger version of it too.

For 5 dollars or so either of you could have a slice of the American dream :)

For 5 dollars or so either of you could have a slice of the American dream :)

I could see your point if it was one of our trucks specifically but for one piece of paper and a buy it now of 9.99 I think I can wait till a true match to my Panel is listed at another time ;) Like this one for instance, it's closer but still not correct for what I'm lookin for. By the way, I believe this is truly what is meant by "Merchant's Express" in this ad. That's the 120" wb model I would think. What are your thoughts guys ? I know what George means by his being a "Express" but I still believe the term "Merchant's Express" is the 1/2 ton trucks and this panel shown below . I think George has it right, his is a Commercial 3/4 or U124 labeled as an Express.

post-69994-143141970961_thumb.jpg

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

Very close to my 31. In 31 the bed was not attached to the cab on my truck. More like a modern pickup with a bit of separation. But you can see the use of the express term.

And the Ford guys think they had the first unibody... ;)

I could see your point if it was one of our trucks specifically but for one piece of paper and a buy it now of 9.99 I think I can wait till a true match to my Panel is listed at another time ;) Like this one for instance, it's closer but still not correct for what I'm lookin for. By the way, I believe this is truly what is meant by "Merchant's Express" in this ad. That's the 120" wb model I would think. What are your thoughts guys ? I know what George means by his being a "Express" but I still believe the term "Merchant's Express" is the 1/2 ton trucks and this panel shown below . I think George has it right, his is a Commercial 3/4 or U124 labeled as an Express.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]200238[/ATTACH]

Thanks for posting ads. I was able to get the better resolution photo of ad. Just learning how to use the Apple computer methods.

No problem Sherman. Can you enhance the panel one and shoot it over to my email ? Even though that's not my truck, I'd still like to have a better one for my shop.

No problem Sherman. Can you enhance the panel one and shoot it over to my email ? Even though that's not my truck, I'd still like to have a better one for my shop.

This what I have here.

post-71470-143141971811_thumb.jpg

post-71470-143141971814_thumb.jpg

I know this truck isn't a Merchant's Express but thought it may be of interest to some of you. Here is his email reply to me : "Yes I still have the truck, last time I offered it $2500 or best offer. No I don't have a title, I have

a hand rote bill of sale. I bough it from a lady that inherited all of her grandfathers estate. She

said he owned the truck ever since she could remember but she could not find a title. It has a Texas

tag dated 1934".

post-69994-143141971817_thumb.jpg

His original ad reads :For Sale "Graham Brothers Truck. It is a 1 1/2 ton the engine turns over and is almost complete".

If that truck were local I would be all over it, fair price, nice truck, better pictures would be nice