Mr Spock's Riviera

Guest Kingoftheroad

Guest Kingoftheroad

There are pics of Leonard Nimoy & his '64 Riv floating around. Is there any record of this car ?, who may own it now ?, does it still exist ?, etc..

I am the guy traveling the New York State Thruway with in a red Silverado with a "Darmok and Jarad at Tanagra" sticker on the tail gate. Some of you might be out there.

I have a 1964 Riviera and I remember their introduction. They have always been as advanced as Star Trek to me.

Here is a little treasure I picked up.

001.JPG

002a.jpg

I sent these pictures and a bit about my car to Mr. Nimoy's gallery. No response yet but he may be light years away by now. I am still enjoying my Riviera after 33 years of ownership.

Bernie

Guest Kingoftheroad
I am the guy traveling the New York State Thruway with in a red Silverado with a "Darmok and Jarad at Tanagra" sticker on the tail gate. Some of you might be out there.

I have a 1964 Riviera and I remember their introduction. They have always been as advanced as Star Trek to me.

Here is a little treasure I picked up.

001.JPG

002a.jpg

I sent these pictures and a bit about my car to Mr. Nimoy's gallery. No response yet but he may be light years away by now. I am still enjoying my Riviera after 33 years of ownership.

Bernie

has anyone attempted to track down the car ?

• 1 year later...
Very funny responses, but it would be cool to know where it might be today.

I think that with this bunch, you'll be better off doing your own research. Every time you ask, you just encourage them more.

One thing I learned when teaching. If you're teaching math and a fire truck roars by, you'd better talk about fire trucks for a while. You need to wait for the excitement to wear off before attempting anything serious.

I tried the research side. I contacted Nimoy's art gallery manager by email with some friendly questions. It just went into the black hole where most unsolicited email goes. My guess that at 80+ years old he is above that '60's cultist stuff.

I taught adult ed for 18 years when voice pagers were common. "Honey, would you pick up a gallon of milk and bread on the way home." was more disruptive than fire engines any day.

Bernie

OK Riviera people: History of any car is interesting. if it's portrayed in a manner that the listener/viewer/reader finds interesting. Personally, I make up stuff about my cars that really gets people's attention. LIKE

Elvis dated Marylin in this car and I have pictures to prove it.

This car was owned by (fill in the blanks) who (fill in the blanks).

This car was used in an episode of the Beverly Hillbillies.

The more ridiculous the better. It's not for sale and if someone likes mythology what's difference if it's real mythology or phoney mythology? Mitch

Guest TRivownr

I would like to know what color it was inside and out and which hubcaps it had. I have an original 1/25 scale AMT 64 Riviera which I would like to restore like Mr. Nimoy's. I did some checking online and the Buick agency he bought it from is no more.

Guest DRM500RUBYZR1
OK Riviera people: History of any car is interesting. if it's portrayed in a manner that the listener/viewer/reader finds interesting. Personally, I make up stuff about my cars that really gets people's attention. LIKE

Elvis dated Marylin in this car and I have pictures to prove it.

This car was owned by (fill in the blanks) who (fill in the blanks).

This car was used in an episode of the Beverly Hillbillies.

The more ridiculous the better. It's not for sale and if someone likes mythology what's difference if it's real mythology or phoney mythology? Mitch

The Riviera was sold in 1968 on April 12th in order to make room for his new Chevrolet NOVA.

It was a special edition 427 NOVA known as an SS which of course stood for STAR SHIP.

In 1974 the NOVA was traded in on a Chevrolet Vega so as to keep with the Astral theme of his automobiles.

Upon coming to his senses, the Vega was traded for a very special Cadillac made just for him.

It was a Cadillac StarFLEETwood Brougham D' Enterprise. Delivery was never consumated however as animal rights activists took exception to the cars interior made of Tribblehide, and destroyed it with climate change or a whale.

He settled for a new Buick Apollo, which he drove until trading it in on a new Saturn Sky.

All of this has been authenticated on DOPES, and is of course the absolute truth as It appeared on the Internet.

Some of the intermediate cars have been omitted from this history but feel free to add them.

I would have elaborated further, but a Fire Truck just sped by with a naked cheerleader on the back, followed by a dual quad Riviera with a trunk full of iced beer, so I now have no clue what the teacher who eaver he was is talking about.

Hope this clears up something for someone somewhere.

Guest wildcat465
Best thread ever.

I just found it again, and am enjoying it as much now as when it first started.

Continue...

Better than SPAM?

Possibly.:confused:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kingoftheroad

In the pic of Spock leaning against his Riv, did anyone notice the Vette parked next to his Riv ??

Guest Kingoftheroad
Young Kirk from Star Trek movie driving a 65 Vette. Shatner and his 60's Vette.

Good job, thanks. I kinda figured it might have been Shatners car.