Rookie needs advice

surfkurf

Hello all,<P>I'm restoring my 72 and need advice. I replaced my 2 barrel with a 4. I also had to rebuild my Diff. It has the stock 2.56 and I noticed that the 4 barrel came with a 2.73 for a non-GS. Should I make the change while it's apart?<P>I use the car for a family with young kids, so I'm not dragging. Although, I do enjoy that off the line power when alone. Don't want a screaming engine on the highway though.<P>What do you think?<P>Also, where can I get a Choke Thermostat for this same car? I prefer new.<P>Also, want to replace the quarters. Again, not a show car, but I want good job. I see some for $139 new and some for $212. The NOS ones are out of hand. How do you know which one to go with. Price doesn't always mean best.<P>Thanks for the help!<BR>Joe

Hi Joe. You will find that the original quad 4 bbl carb and the std 350 will give you more than enough performance. I have a 72 Skylark Custom 350 quad 4, 2 dr no post that I have used as a daily driver for the last couple of years. It drives fantastic. Has plenty of performance and is real smooth, especially on the highway. You'll love it. If you need your fenders sheetmetal to be worked on, I will also be replacing the rear quarters on a 71 GS350 ragtop shortly. Whatever they used for after market were horrible. I perform all sheetmetal work to original specs in house here if you are interested. Let me know and good luck with your restoration. Bob at Classic Auto Services, 236 Meadow Road, New Boston, NH 03070 ph frown.gif" border="0603)487-3500 email: rdw33b@fcgnetworks.net<p>[ 02-17-2002: Message edited by: 33Buicklover ]

Yes!!! <BR>i need the driverside black panel for my 71 GS,car has manual windows and no electric door locks.how much?? and this must be for skylark GS,can't use the split kind of door panel. Gary

Hi John (68 Electra). In response to your question regarding sheet metal, yes, I work on all classic cars and pick up. Metal to metal only. You can contact me via email at rdw33b@fcgnetworks.net or via phone at (603)487-3500. Bob at Classic Auto Services.<p>[ 02-21-2002: Message edited by: 33Buicklover ]