New 1975 Buick LeSabre Convertible

Booreatta

I was contacted today by a Buick GMC dealership in ElPaso Texas. He is wanting to sell 2 cars both with less than 1000 miles and are new cars

The first is a 1975 Buick LeSabre Convertible. Red with white interior a beauty of a car. (the dealer says it is a 1976 but it is a 75)

The second is a Maui Blue Reatta Coupe. Again the car has less than 1000 miles

Neither one of the cars have ever been registerd.

The cars are available at Crawford Buick GMC

6800 Montana Ave

ElPaso Texas 79925

Phone 915-778-7781

Contact Jim Davis

I dont think these will last long. I dont have pricing from the dealer but I do have photos if anyone wants these

Chuck Kerls

booreatta@cox.net

316-655-1099

They might be new, miles-wise, but they'll need work BEFORE they are driven very far. Unfortunately, some of that work might decrease some of the originality of the vehicles, if not done very carefully and with a high level of finesse.

They probably should be extensively photographed for "reference restoration" information, if possible.

Still, nice cars to have in a collection!

Respectfully,

NTX5467

Guest my3buicks

There's a light blue one out there on the show circuit that has ultra low miles on it also - I am thinking this red one may have a few more miles on it that the blue one.

I see it has the brass CLASSIC badge on the dash that has been discussed in another thread.

Looks like a real beauty.

Just just saw this car listed on Ebay with a $30,000 starting bid and the reserve not met. It makes me image how many cars I would have to decide between when it came to laying out that amount.

I think I would also find out why the door latch post is painted red as you can see in the picture. They didn't come painted. And the fit of the deck lid on the left side......

Bernie

Guest Skyking
They might be new, miles-wise, but they'll need work BEFORE they are driven very far.

I disagree........ Other than fluids and a battery, I wouldn't touch a thing. This car was probably stored in a climate controlled environment.

Think about it, how many N.O.S. parts do we buy and use annually???

Edited by Skyking (see edit history)

Guest 70 Electra
...I think I would also find out why the door latch post is painted red as you can see in the picture. They didn't come painted.......

Bernie,

Actually, the latch striker ("post") is supposed to be body color on this vintage of car. The strikers were installed BEFORE the paint operation, and as the picture shows, the latch quickly scrapes off some of the paint in the area of contact.

Interesting, thanks, Greg.

I am always suspicious when I see these very low mileage cars. The story is usually a lot different than the dealer putting away something special from new, although it may happen.

In the 50 years I have been pursuing the hobby, the low mileage from new stories have ranged from cars sent to the wrong dealership and left for years with no paperwork and a "screw GM" attitude, to wrecked and not fixed immediately, to stolen, stripped, repaired, and then not driven due to a sense of being violated.

A lot can happen in 35 years and a lot can be forgotten. An old engineer friend of mine used to use the term "counter-intuitive" frequently. That's what I'd call this kind of car. Of course, where we worked at the time it was frowned upon to call yourself cynical and opinionated.......... it was considered poor taste to use two attributes. : )

Bernie

• 7 months later...
Guest gossir00
Certainly a very nice car! Anybody wanting "correct pictures", of such a vehicle, there they are!

Thanks for posting them!

NTX5467

I believe this car should have rear bumper spear guards--the photos do not show.

Ah yes, the pristine car with the ridiculous price. Gotta wonder why the owner doesn't have the price listed in the link, but wants $30,000 on ebay?

This looks like the kind of car that should be run through one of the higher-end Barrett-Jackson or RM auctions. However, the owner probably doesn't want to make it drivable, at least across the auction block, or pay to have it transported. And, in light of today's market, I don't think this car would bring more than $20K-$24K at auction...way short of the asking (demanding) price of $30K.

It IS without a doubt a beautiful car, and a very rare find. But, could you buy it and drive it (enjoy it)? And, can you imagine the look on the clerk's face when you bring in the MSO for a 1975 car???

Joe