1937 Dodge Brothers Sedan

Guest Jonny88

Guest Jonny88

Hello everybody, I am not new to AACA, I have been trading around my cars to afford something that I have always wanted, a 1937 Dodge Brothers Sedan. I first had a 51 Oldsmobile, then a 64 Ford, traded the olds for the ford and just have sold the ford. My question to you Dodge guys is if this is worth what the owner is asking for.

First of all the body is solid the only rust is below the trunk. The motor came out of a crate 25 years ago, brand new, the owners father had found it. Shortly after the father put the new motor in, he passed away and the car sat for 25 years. I know it will need alot of work, dont really care about the paint right now, it is primered, and all original, plan on keeping it that way but need to restore it again, it will be a long project but I hope to have it drivable in a few months, the son, who is selling it, said the motor turns over, he has not started it, I would clean the carb, fresh 6v battery new points all that good stuff. Everything is there for the car. I will include pictures, the main question.

I will be looking at this car soon, he is asking 5,999 for it, I think it is way to high, I was going to offer him 4500 and go to 5000 if needed, but that is the highest.

I looked at the nada guide and it does show in low retail $6150, I also know it is somewhat hard to find these old Doge brothers cars anymore.

Also the celing sags, I could get that fixed cheap, disregard the picture with the tape around the driver window, the later picture will show just a small strip on the top, he said the crank was disconected.

Please let me know what you guys think as I will have to come to a desicion very soon. Thanks guys.

Jon

pictures

http://classiccars.com/classifieds/Slides.aspx?Listingid=199697

I would look a little closer and try to get a shot of the underside of the trunk area to see just how much was bondo'd over. It looks pretty solid except for that. I would start the offer at $4,000.00 and remind him that the engine has been sitting and not running which means the rings could be stuck in the cylinders. That would mean a complete rebuild.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jonny88

Thanks for your help guys the deal was worse than I thought way to much money for a vehicle in that condition he wanted 6 grand for it.