1939 DODGE SERIAL NUMBER /VIN #

Guest joedaless

Guest joedaless

Hi All,

My 1939 Dodge D 11 S .Has the serial number/VIN # on the firewall. I have gotten so many people saying thats the right spot. Now I look in the Motor Auto Repair manual and it says the serial/ vin number is on the door on the right side.

Can anyone verify if the serial number on the firewall is in the right spot. It is the same # that appears on the title.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Joe D'Alessio

The number on the firewall is your body number. It is a bit odd that the paperwork uses that number. Usually states used the serial number or the engine number.

The front right door hinge post should have a tag with the serial number. You will know it is the serial number because it says "Serial Number" on the tag. That is the number that Chrysler tracked the car with and is the number you'll need if you want to get a copy of the build card from the Chrysler Historical Collection.

Many states registered cars using the engine number. That will be on the block just above the generator. It should also be stamped on the driver side frame around the kick up for the rear axle.