2012 BCA 500 National Meet Info

Guest CarolinaBuick2012

I have to agree! The Meet was excellent in every aspect, especially the little details!

Brian D did a GREAT job as Meet Chairman!

The temperatures certainly did do a number on the plans, but backup plans and special procedures for the judging itself were put into place to deal with those 104 degree temps.

Thanks again to everyone who worked the event!

Thank you Carl, Marck, Chuck, Bob and Brian C.

Carl, I was so glad you got the '37 down.

Marck, Excellent job leading one of the Friday driving groups!!

Chuck, I've enjoyed serving this past year on the BOD with you, we got to get you re-elected next year!!

Bob, thanks for all you did with the video creations and most importantly for getting Lamar there!!

Brian C. Congrats on the Hans Kaser award!!!

If it ain't rain (Plano) it's the wind (Danvers), if it ain't the wind it's the heat. So what if it was a little bit warm, it was one of the best, most fun all around meet I ever attended. And I got to meet more folks at this one than ever before. (And to believe I almost didn't make it) Fantastic job to all who helped make it so and especially to Brian DePouli. This guy was a hard working, hands on, leave no stone unturned, quick thinking, ALWAYS a smile on his face Meet Chairman. Thanks again Brother Brian. You da man...... da BUICKMAN.

Had a really good time in Concord, the hotel was perfect, the weather was hot and all very well priced. Would like to thank everyone for bringing all the bits down for my 1931 90 series. Met loads of great people and saw some fantastic cars. Can't wait to get back to the UK to put all the new parts on my car.

In Chicago at the moment and it's the wife and son's turn to go shopping!! Any ideas on car museums for me?

Thanks again

Colin, Kerry and Harry Voice (UK)

Colin,

Depending on your time available, you can try the Studebaker and Auburn in South Bend, Indiana. i enjoyed meeting you and your family and hope we can stay in touch. And let me know if you need some more help. Have a safe trip back home.

John

I'd like to thank Brian D. and everyone else that organized and ran the meet. It was my first National, and I enjoyed seeing all of the cars and meeting new people.

Ashby

Hats off to everyone involved in the prep, organization and what ever else it takes to put on a National meet . The air conditioning gave out on the Reatta last Monday so with the temps forcast to reach 100, we decided to bring a modern car. Anyway had a GREAT time.

Bill & Phyllis Lagna

Let me echo what others have said about the meet and Brian's leadership. Despite the heat, this one was perhaps more enjoyable than many others, because of the hospitality of the BCA members handling the event, the hotel staff and the track employees we encountered, as will as all the outside contacts we had at restaurants, museums and other points of contact, both in Concord and along the route. It has been awhile since I have been in the south and almost forgot how great the hospitality is (or perhaps expected it might have eroded over the years, as seen elsewhere in this country). in fact, if we had stayed longer, I might have convinced my wife to connsider that VA real estate that Lamer had found. Thanks again to Brian and all who made the meet enjoyable.

John

Let me echo congrats to all involved and especially Brian DePouli.After helping with last years Great Lakes Regional I know how hard it is to cover all the details of a meet but can't conceive how difficult it would be to deal with EVERYTHING in the efficient manner that was on display last week.I can't find one thing to complain about.The bar has most certainly been set high for Nationals to come.WELL DONE,CAN'T WAIT FOR SOUTH BEND!