Sign in to follow this  
CarolinaBuick2012

2012 BCA 500 National Meet Info

UPDATE:

The host hotel for the 2012 BCA National is SOLD OUT. Unless someone cancels there are no more rooms available in this hotel.

The overflow hotel is directly adjacent to the host hotel, approximately 600 ft from the front door to the BCA Registration area in the host hotel. See the attached aerial photo with notes.

The overflow hotel information is

Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte/Concord

7611 Scott Padgett Pkwy

Concord, NC 28027

(704) 453-2600

www.marriott.com/Concord

ROOM RATES - $129 for Monday-Thurs &, Sun, & $99 for Fri-Sat.

No breakfast or cocktails included like Embassy.

Free Wireless Internet included

It is recommended you contact the hotel directly via the number above and not via their 800 reservation line or website. Their 800 reservation line does not have the details on the $99 Friday-Saturday rate.

Also attached is a list of all the other hotels on the same exit as the host hotel, but we do not have room blocks at any of these.

post-76965-143138808001_thumb.jpg

Hotel Listing.pdf

Edited by CarolinaBuick2012 (see edit history)

I like that Auxiliary parking lot...Looks like close to 400 spaces? Maybe room for all classes (including driven/modified/reattas) on the same side of the hotel?

I like that Auxiliary parking lot...Looks like close to 400 spaces? Maybe room for all classes (including driven/modified/reattas) on the same side of the hotel?

Yeah I thought about that but on Saturday the show field is just down the block at the Speedway that way we have plenty space, cause we didn't want to risk being cramped. At the speedway we could fit more cars than Flint in 2003, but I predict we will be somewhere closer to Batavia in 2005 (which was still a lot).

Before Saturday we will have a show car parking area at the host hotel with restricted movement so that the cars stay safe.

We have booked our rooms but at this time there's some doubt if we can make it or not. Really looking forward to driving the 55 out but both Tina and I are possibly going to have surgery this summer. Hers is same day but mine not. I may be off work for up to 6 weeks and that puts a strain on the budget. We may try to get a load to the Charlotte area and spend a couple days so we are keeping the rooms for now. Save me a big parking spot if we come in the truck.

Save me a big parking spot if we come in the truck.

We got room over at the speedway. Would just need a heads up to coordinate with the speedway.

Bummer on the surgeries, hopefully all goes well.

Great work Brian.....

There will be a large 54 crowd there for sure...not all with our cars unfortunately.

Still working on getting those 54-54's :grin:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5AVKRTX0UK8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Brian, is there a fax number to send the registration form to rather than mail it? Is it possible to scan it and send it in as well? Thanks.

Brian, is there a fax number to send the registration form to rather than mail it? Is it possible to scan it and send it in as well? Thanks.

Jim, Umm I'm gonna refer to our registration guru, Roy Faries (TXBuicks) and let him answer that one.

Roy?

You can use my fax at work. Just be sure to put my name on it because it is a community fax machine. That number is 972-432-2301.

If you can scan it, just attach it to an email and send it to BuickNationals@verizon.net. I can then print it and process it that way.

Roy

Thanks Brian and Roy! I will scan it and sent it to you at the email address. That works for me! BTW, how far are the Springhill Suites from the meet. That is where I ended up staying. Thanks.

Thanks Brian and Roy! I will scan it and sent it to you at the email address. That works for me! BTW, how far are the Springhill Suites from the meet. That is where I ended up staying. Thanks.

About 1/2 mile from the host hotel and 1.5mi from the showfield. There is a traffic light for an easy left toward each.

Edited by 38Buick 80C
edit typo 1/5 versus 1.5 miles. (see edit history)

Okay so last month we had 54 cars on 65 Registrations

NOW

68 cars on 89 Registrations.

BCA 400 Point: 38

Display Only: 14

Archival: 7

Modified: 5

Drivers: 4

Senior: 12 (count incl in 400 pt total)

Oldest car registered so far a 1929 Roadster being driven from Ontario (Canada not California), the newest a 2008 Enclave.

Hope we can get some Brass and 20's cars, it would be really neat if we could have from 1908 to 2008 represented. No vehicles registered for Class K yet either, 61-67 A bodies, but we have an unrestored '64 Skylark (that's an A-body, right???) in the Archival class. It's a one owner car and until about a year ago still had the original valve cover gaskets in place, neat car. Same with Class Q (GN, GNX, Turbo Regal), but we have one in Archival. No race cars yet but I have verbal confirmation that a few will be attending towards the new class. Every other class has at least one vehicle registered.

I'm so excited for this year's meet! Fingers crossed that we'll be driving Naomi up to my hometown area. She won't look like much, but should be rock n' an rolling mechanically. My hometown is Kings Mountain which is about 30 miles west of Charlotte/Concord. It's a great small town with an absolutely beautiful state and national military park. old 74 is a fun drive especially going west towards Asheville.

I'm bias of course, having grown up there, but I encourage anybody that is interested to visit some places in the area. There's a historical museum, state and national military park (yep, the Patriots' success at the Battle of Kings Mountain was one of the crucial turning points in the Revolutionary War) and a fantastic restaurant. And just a little west of K.M., there's another town called Shelby that's pretty cool and that's where my parents grew up. The Don Gibson Theater is there and they have some cool shows AND there's one of the last real drive-in theaters called The Sunset. I used to go there all the time when I was younger. It's definitely a must! and last but not least, anybody that has time should really try to make it out to Asheville, like Lamar mentioned. It is very cool drive and that town is awesome. The Biltmore is simply outstanding.

here are some links with more info:

Kings Mountain Historical Museum

Kings Mountain State Park

Battleground Steakhouse & Bar

Don Gibson Theater

The Sunset Drive-In (they're in the off season right now, but should be updating there show schedule in the spring)

:( Can't go...I'll be in Las Vegas at that time...sigh. Indiana is closer...and who knows what I'll have in the fleet then to bring down :rolleyes::eek:

:( Can't go...I'll be in Las Vegas at that time...sigh. Indiana is closer...and who knows what I'll have in the fleet then to bring down :rolleyes::eek:

Send an full size picture so we can make you think you are there!LOL!

Send an full size picture so we can make you think you are there!LOL!

At my former employer we had an executive that lived in CA but had an office in our Charlotte headquarters. He came to Charlotte a few days a month. When he wasn't there we had a cardboard photo cut out of his head taped to his desk chair... We referred to the photo as "cardboard Kirk".

We need cardboard Thriller. I'm sure we could come up with some entertaining photos to post to the forum with cardboard Thriller!!

At my former employer we had an executive that lived in CA but had an office in our Charlotte headquarters. He came to Charlotte a few days a month. When he wasn't there we had a cardboard photo cut out of his head taped to his desk chair... We referred to the photo as "cardboard Kirk".

We need cardboard Thriller. I'm sure we could come up with some entertaining photos to post to the forum with cardboard Thriller!!

We did that too, with our big boss, it was always good for some laughs!! Derek you could go where no Manitoban has gone before!!

With his cardboard likeness in attendance, we could make sure he got the Buick dachshund sweater at the Forum Breakfast.

So yeah, send it D.

Here is your friendly monthly update

Last month we had 68 cars on 89 Registrations

NOW

91 cars on 119 Registrations.

BCA 400 Point: 49

Display Only: 19

Archival: 9

Drivers: 9

Senior: 16 (count incl in 400 pt total)

For comparison sake this is quite a few more cars and total registrations than the previous few National meets have had at the same point (either by date or weeks to go). We are certainly taking this as a sign that we have a good chance of getting to our 500 car / the biggest show since Flint in 2008 goal.

No change on oldest car registered, still a 1929 Roadster being driven from Ontario (Canada not California), and the newest, a 2008 Enclave.

For those following the 36-38 Anniversary Event we have (8) '36-'38 Buicks registered at this time. All are uniquely different models so far. I have verbal confirmation from owners on another (13) different unique models, so that should be a nice turn out of those cars.

Good news for the "Go Fast with Class" crowd. zMax Dragway has reinstated the "Drag and Brag Series" for 2012. Bad news, sorta, is that they moved it from Wednesday to Friday night, so it conflicts with the Buick Heritage Alliance Oehler Barn BBQ. So for those that don't remember this is an open to public chance to take your street car down the 4 lanes wide "Bellagio of drag strips", zMax Dragway from 5PM to 9PM Friday night. This not an BCA event but just something that is happening a 1/4mi from the host hotel that those attending can participate in if they so choose.

Edited by CarolinaBuick2012 (see edit history)

Here is your friendly monthly update

Last month we had 68 cars on 89 Registrations

NOW

108 cars on 145 Registrations.

BCA 400 Point: 60

Display Only: 23

Archival: 9

Drivers: 11

Senior: 18 (count incl in 400 pt total)

We are still doing really good on registration counts compared to the previous meets, so don't miss out on the Really Big Show!!!

Only 7 weeks until the registration deadline and the meet is less than 90 days away. As is typical everyone is waiting until the last minute to register.