2012 BCA 500 National Meet Info

Guest CarolinaBuick2012

I've heard that at some meets tents and chairs are only allowed while attended. Before you leave the area for a while, all tents and chairs have to be closed and laid on the ground.

I did witness a pop up tent do exactly that, pop up - and land on the hood of the car next to the owners. Sure made for a bunch of unhappy show participants. So I bought myself a pair of chairs with built in but optional canopies. Now when I leave the car I just fold the chair and I'm pretty sure I won't be paying for a new paint job on my neighbors car.

Good points, John

I twice witnessed tents going over in the wind. Common sense "makes sense". Weights on tents and folding chairs for modest winds. Complete removal for high winds. Some may recall the scare we had in the flea market in Danvers last year. A good cell phone to trackstorms cells would be good. My suggestion would be no tents on the show field, as there is shade for humans nearby.

John

The race to Charlotte is on!!!

196 laps are down AKA 196 cars are registered.

Riviera's are in the lead with 31 cars registered

36-38 Buicks have 23

Reatta's - 18

68-72 A-Body's -17

'41 Buicks - 7

GN GNX T-Type - 6

'54 Buicks -6

'59 Buicks -4

53-54 Skylarks - 3

Enclaves- 3

Motorama Cars - 2

Brass Era -1

Race cars -1

Some cars are counted twice in the totals above

24 states plus Canada and Australia have cars in the race

Oldest car 1911 - Newest car 2010

Deadline to Register -- postmarked by May 20th ---15 days from this post

Final Event Schedule

Time, Event Description, Location/Room

Open Daily

10AM - 3PM Hendrick Motorsports Museum and Shops (Self Guided), Hendrick Complex

Tuesday, June 26th, 2012

until 5PM Flea Market Setup, Hotel's West Parking Area

Wednesday, June 27th, 2012

7AM - 5PM Registration Open, Rotunda / Registration South

8AM - 5PM Flea Market Open, Hotel's West Parking Area

8AM - 5PM Indoor Flea Market Open, Concord Hall IJ

9AM - 5PM Safety Check and Photograph Open, Hotel's West Parking Area

8AM - 12PM, 1PM - 5PM Southern Hospitality Room Open, Carolina ABC

10AM - 3PM Steele Rubber Tour (lunch provided), Convention Entrance South

Thursday, June 28th, 2012

8AM - 5PM Registration Open, Rotunda / Registration South

8AM- 5PM Flea Market Open, Hotel's West Parking Area

9AM - 2PM NASCAR HOF Tour (no lunch provided), Convention Entrance South

9AM - 2PM Levine Museum of the New South Tour (no lunch provided), Convention Entrance South

2PM - 3PM PreWar Division Meeting, Exec. Board Room

2:30PM - ? Reatta Rendezvous, Carolinas Aviation Museum

3PM - 4PM Regions, Divisions and Chapters Meeting, Exec. Board Room

7PM - 9PM General Membership Meeting, Fairway

Friday, June 29th, 2012

7AM - 8AM Internet Forum Breakfast, Atrium

8AM - 5PM Registration Open, Rotunda / Registration South

8AM- 5PM Flea Market Open, Hotel's West Parking Area

8AM - 1PM Salisbury/Spencer Tour (no lunch provided) Line up, Convention Entrance South

8AM - 12PM Board of Directors Meeting, Fairway

1PM - 5PM Judge's Training, Fairway

1PM - 2PM Buick Modified Division, Exec. Board Room

2PM - 3PM Buick Driving Enthusiast Meeting, Exec. Board Room

3PM - 5PM Buick Heritage Alliance BOD Meeting, Exec. Board Room

6:30PM Pre War Caravan to BHA Cookout Line Up Convention Entrance South

7PM - ? Cruise to BHA Cookout, Oehler Barn

Saturday, June 30th, 2012

7AM - 10AM Registration Open, Rotunda / Registration South

7AM - 10AM Safety Check and Photograph Open, Charlotte Motor Speedway

7AM - 8:30AM Judge's Breakfast, Kannapolis

8AM - ? Flea Market Open, Hotel's West Parking Area

11AM - 3PM Southern Hospitality Room Open, Carolina ABC

7AM Showfield Gates Open, Charlotte Motor Speedway

10AM ALL CARS ON THE SHOWFIELD, Charlotte Motor Speedway

3PM Cars Permitted to Leave Showfield, Charlotte Motor Speedway

3PM - 5PM Reatta Division Meeting, Fairway

6PM - 10PM Cash Bar, Concord Hall

7PM - 10PM Awards Banquet Dinner, Concord Hall

8PM - 10PM Awards Banquet Awards, Program Concord Hall

6:30PM - 10PM Children’s Banquet, Harrisburg

Sunday, July 1st, 2012

9:30AM BDE After Tour Driver's Meeting and Departure, Convention Entrance North

9:30AM Pre-War Division After Tour Driver's Meeting and Departure, Convention Entrance North

Specifically, if possible, how many 36 Buicks registered and are there any 81 series 4 doors?

1936 Special Victoria Coupe

1936 Special 4 Door Sedan (UNRESTORED)

1936 Century Convertible Coupe

1936 Century 4 Door

1936 Roadmaster 80C Convertible

1937 Special Model 40

1937 Special Convertible Coupe

1937 Special 47 4 Door Sedan

1937 Century 2 Door Opera Coupe

1937 Roadmaster 4 Door Phaeton

1937 Roadmaster 4 Door Convertible

1938 Special 2 Door Coupe

1938 Special 4 Door Sedan

1938 Special 4 Door

1938 Special 4 Dr Convertible

1938 Special Business Coupe

1938 Special Coupe

1938 Special 4 Door Trunk Back

1938 Special Model 48

1938 Century Convertible Coupe

1938 Century Coupe (MODIFIED)

1938 Roadmaster 4 Door

1938 Roadmaster 80C Convertible

I have verbal commitments from another 8 '36-'38 owners and have 11 maybes and I haven't spoken to owners of the models which have relatively high car counts in the roster. No 36-81's as of yet, but there is plenty of time. There are 18 in the club by my records so fairly plentiful all things considered. 10 of which are Eastern US so theoretically drivable/trailer-able. 1 of the 10 is a definite not coming as the car is not ready according to the owner.

Guest OLBUICKS

I have a 1938 4 door Special model 47 slant back with factory dual side mounts, unrestored, is there any of these registered?

I have a 1938 4 door Special model 47 slant back with factory dual side mounts, unrestored, is there any of these registered?

Not yet, but there is room for yours!!!

Seriously we'd love to have your car in the show. Unrestored cars are great reference for guys like me trying to restore mine authentically.

Since deadline for your postmark on Nats registration is 5/20/12 Methinks it should be mailed by Saturday the 19th. :rolleyes:;)

Your post office isn't open on Sunday, huh?

Yeah that's my fault, :eek:

19th would be great, I think Roy will make the 21st work too, but I'll let him respond.

Either way less than a week to go!

I'll be out of touch with the forum for the next couple days hopefully back on by Wednesday night, but Thursday morning at the latest. I apologize in advance for not being able to answer questions quickly during that time.

Hopefully this can be made as a sub thread to the National Meet information thread by a moderator?

Anyway, I have a reservation at the Embassy Suites Hotel for the week of the 2012 National Meet, and it can now be available to anyone who wants it. The booking is arriving Tuesday June 26th, and Checkout is July 1st.

The rate for Tuesday nite would be 139.00 + tax but then it's the Buick club Rate of 129.00 per night thereafter. The room has 2 double beds and is non smoking.

I only want to hold this reservation for a week longer, then I will be cancelling it by next Wednesday May 23rd.

Please send a PM if interested in taking this room over.

Before you head off to the wild blue yonder, Brian, any idea how many indoor/outdoor flea market registrants you have?

As of 5/13

Total Number Of Vendors: 23

Outdoor Paved Vendor Spaces: 48

Indoor Vendor Spaces: 7

Number Of Car Corral Spaces: 2

I expect these numbers to change significantly over the next three weeks as we will be receiving 70+ registrations per week or so over the next three week.

As of 5/13

Total Number Of Vendors: 23

Outdoor Paved Vendor Spaces: 48

Indoor Vendor Spaces: 7

Number Of Car Corral Spaces: 2

I expect these numbers to change significantly over the next three weeks as we will be receiving 70+ registrations per week or so over the next three week.

Where are the outdoor spaces going to be?

whats the latest count of cars? will we get the 500? cars

Well we're getting swamped with registrations so I can't give you a direct answer, but we have ABOUT 380 total registrations as of tonight and that SHOULD mean we have about 275-305 cars. I think we will be close to getting to 500 but everyone waits until the last minute to register so it's a bit tough to say at this point. In about two weeks we will have a real good idea.

Danvers had 307 cars

Ames had 374

Edited by 38Buick 80C
added counts of previous meets (see edit history)

In other news,

Richard Petty Driving Experience will be on track during the car show. If anyone wants to do a ride-along in the passenger seat of a NASCAR stock car while a "pro" driver does ~170mph around Charlotte Motor Speedway for a few laps we have worked out a $20 discount with them if you show them your registration name badge. So with the discount it's $89 (that is before tax I'm guessing).

I haven't done it myself so I can't say if it's worth it or not, but everyone I have talked to who has says it is incredible.

In other news,

Richard Petty Driving Experience will be on track during the car show. If anyone wants to do a ride-along in the passenger seat of a NASCAR stock car while a "pro" driver does ~170mph around Charlotte Motor Speedway for a few laps we have worked out a $20 discount with them if you show them your registration name badge. So with the discount it's $89 (that is before tax I'm guessing).

I haven't done it myself so I can't say if it's worth it or not, but everyone I have talked to who has says it is incredible.

...not sure how I feel about the quotation marks around "pro"...:eek:

...not sure how I feel about the quotation marks around "pro"...:eek:

Well it ain't gonna be Dale Jr or Jeff Gordon!! Hence the quotes. The pros they use run the various local, regional and even national Touring series, they are just not household names. RPDE is their day job so to speak.

312 cars as of today. Roy is going to the PO daily to pick up more.

BCA 400 Point: 155

Display Only:78

Archival:23

Drivers:39

Modified:17

Senior: 37

44 Riv's from '63-'99 (ROA meet on the west coast, so east coast Rivs are coming here in force!!)

37 '36-'38 (an appropriate number indeed)

25 Reattas

85 Pre-War cars

12 1954's including Skylarks,

1911-2010 years registered

No 1958 Buicks yet, bummer that's one my favorite years and only one Race Car Class car.

This meet needs more Reattas ;)

I signed both my cars up for display only. Will these cars have spaces at the track too?

Yup!!! Display only cars are displayed with the appropriate 400 pt class with one exception...Very late registrants will be display only and will be grouped together on the showfield, not in class, because at somepoint we have to set the showfield and squeezing cars in at the last minute messes up that layout:eek:.

Any more updates on the number of registered cars?

Well I think I jinxed it when I said registrations were still pouring in, 'cause we went from 10 in one day to 10 the rest of the week.

We are at 327 cars as of yesterday. With 3.5 weeks to go we'll have more registrations trickle in but we are not going to make 500 cars :o, but not for lack of trying.

Well I think I jinxed it when I said registrations were still pouring in, 'cause we went from 10 in one day to 10 the rest of the week.

We are at 327 cars as of yesterday. With 3.5 weeks to go we'll have more registrations trickle in but we are not going to make 500 cars :o, but not for lack of trying.

Apparently 41 registrations have gotten lost in the mail. All for 54's.:o:)

Seriously, it is great to hear there will be 13 1954 Buicks there. Possibly the greatest assemblage of 54's since they were new and in a sale lot. Trying to think back as to how many were at Flint in 02. Anybody have that figure in front of them. :)

Apparently 41 registrations have gotten lost in the mail. All for 54's.:o:)

Seriously, it is great to hear there will be 13 1954 Buicks there. Possibly the greatest assemblage of 54's since they were new and in a sale lot. Trying to think back as to how many were at Flint in 02. Anybody have that figure in front of them. :)

Lamar, you must be referring to Flint in 2003. At that meet there were 22 of those nice 55's. Click on the "22" to see them. Were the 54's there?:rolleyes::D

Willie

Guest Killerbunny
03 was surely a great meet. Here's one of my favorite cars from that event

It's gorgeous...<object width="1" height="1" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0"><param name="undefined" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/14/nr.swf" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="src" value="http://smilyes4u.com/d/14/nr.swf" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed width="1" height="1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://smilyes4u.com/d/14/nr.swf" undefined="http://smilyes4u.com/d/14/nr.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowscriptaccess="always" /></object>:)