This post made me think of AACA !!!!

Guest matt69scrambler

Guest matt69scrambler

This was written about my car on a different forum. It made me think of the AACA and how great it is !!! There is room for all but some cars just plain need to be saved ! It is a good read and I bet you have a cool history to tell also.

{QUOTE}

Think about it!

A 1967 Ambassador Wagon with a factory installed 343 4bbl, 2.64 1st gear T-10 4 spd, 3.15 limited slip rear, dual exhaust, power disc brakes, quick ratio manual steering, front bench seat all in Barbados Blue paint with a dark blue vinyl interior.

There may have only been between 9 & 12, 1967 full size wagons built with the 343 4bbl 4 spd combo period. This may be the rarest Regular Production AMC ever built. Rarer than the 1969 ½ Hurst prepared SS AMX.

How many of you AMC guys have ever seen one of these cars in person let alone talked to someone who has seen one of these cars in person?

My mom had a 67 Rebel Wagon with a factory installed 343 4bbl, 2.64 1st gear T-10 4spd, 3.15 limited slip, dual exhaust, power disc brakes, quick ratio manual steering, bucket seats with a console, HD cooling, trailer towing pkg, turbo cast wheel covers in Hialeah Yellow with a black vinyl interior.

This was the car I learned to drive in when I was 15 ½ in the Seattle area. Once I got my drivers license in 1973 this was the car that I was allow to drive to Football games, dates and to go out cruising with my friends and my younger brothers. It was the coolest station wagon that anybody had ever seen in 1973.

It was just the family wagon but Mom, Dad and us boys knew how special it really was. My brothers and I were crushed when we returned home from a week long Boy Scout hike to find the car had been sold. Mom really wanted a 67 Mariner Wagon and Dad found one with the 290 2 bbl, auto, pdb and Power Steering. Mom was getting tired of parking the car with the manual steering and really wanted a color that she liked better than the Hialeah Yellow.

My brother Mark saved this car because he knew how rare and special this wagon really is. He put over $15K into this car collecting parts and replacing rusted sheet metal knowing that he would most likely never get his money back on this project. It killed him to have to sell it at all because he really wanted to see this car completed on his watch. Life Family, Work, 3 other AMC’s all got in the way and because of needing to move from Phoenix to Steven Point next year he had to let it go to someone else.

He knew that selling this car to Matt Wilson was a good deal for the car and for Matt. The car has gone to a good home and a great AMC guy that will most likely complete this car the way it should be.

I would have liked to have bought this car and finished it back to stock other than the fact that I want to stay married to my wife and I already have three more AMC’s to complete before I die.

It pains me to see AMC guys here on the forum suggest to Matt to do weird things to this rarest of rare wagons. There are still plenty of other 1967 AMC wagons out there to modify without having to modify and customize one of the coolest Hot Rod wagons ever built by any car company. {QUOTE}

This car will be kept stock but I might just have two sets of wheels and tires :D

Thanks,

Matt

This rare wagon was sold new in PA, Altoona I believe. So many cool cars come from Pa. !!!!!!

DA-freak2.jpg

Edited by matt69scrambler (see edit history)

Guest Siegfried

Matt69scrambler, I recall hearing about this AMC, but never saw one, or knew of anyone who had one.

AMC never seems to get a lot of credit for their high performance cars, or for that matter, very few of their cars. I have an original 1977 Hotnet 2 door sedan, with a 6 cylinder, and automatic trans. Nice driving car, and it does stand out at AACA meets because it is almost always one of the few AMC products on the field.

Thanks for sharing.

Guest matt69scrambler
Matt, welcome back to the AACA forum. Hope life is treating you well. Thanks for sharing and thanks for remembering that a car is history and history is worth preserving.

Thanks Steve,

Feels great to be back in the hobby again. Hope all is well for you.

Guest matt69scrambler
Matt69scrambler, I recall hearing about this AMC, but never saw one, or knew of anyone who had one.

AMC never seems to get a lot of credit for their high performance cars, or for that matter, very few of their cars. I have an original 1977 Hotnet 2 door sedan, with a 6 cylinder, and automatic trans. Nice driving car, and it does stand out at AACA meets because it is almost always one of the few AMC products on the field.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks,

I always enjoyed the AMC cars and all others. I always did get respect with my Hurst SC/Rambler and hope to with this Ambassador wagon as well.

The AMC/AMC national meet is out here in Sadona next week, I can't wait to check these cars out. !!!! Your car sounds really nice, but I see some nice Hornets at the show !

Edited by matt69scrambler (see edit history)

Matt,

That is a really neat car -- I've always enjoyed the Nash / AMC products, and have owned or cared for a few.

Thanks for sharing

Guest Dust

Don't know anything about the car other than what I just read, but I sure do like the lines on it. Nice car, thanks for posting.

Guest Siegfried
Thanks,

I always enjoyed the AMC cars and all others. I always did get respect with my Hurst SC/Rambler and hope to with this Ambassador wagon as well.

The AMC/AMC national meet is out here in Sadona next week, I can't wait to check these cars out. !!!! Your car sounds really nice, but I see some nice Hornets at the show !

The Hurst SC/Rambler was one hot machine! Nicely built and finished, and qod awful quick!

One of my all time favorites was the AMX. I drove a first year early release at a Lancaster, Pa. AMC dealer. I didn't quit smiling for a week aforewards.

In my opinion the AMX was the genuine Corvette smasher in the traffic light drags on Saturday night! The good old days remembered once again.

Guest matt69scrambler
Don't know anything about the car other than what I just read, but I sure do like the lines on it. Nice car, thanks for posting.

this is what DA FREAK will look like again someday, pretty.

264512_238521929510455_100000579488000_903004_4317640_n.jpg

Guest matt69scrambler
The Hurst SC/Rambler was one hot machine! Nicely built and finished, and qod awful quick!

One of my all time favorites was the AMX. I drove a first year early release at a Lancaster, Pa. AMC dealer. I didn't quit smiling for a week aforewards.

In my opinion the AMX was the genuine Corvette smasher in the traffic light drags on Saturday night! The good old days remembered once again.

I was just doing a burnout the other night with my friend AMX 390 4-speed, had a blast with it.

Here is my old SC I owned up till a couple years ago,

2142.jpg