Next years meet

Ohhh man...even FURTHER away from me than the last meet. I'll just have to wait until there's another one on the west coast...unless I get rich. O.K....I have an idea. Everybody send me ten dollars.

John...just request a nickle donation every time you give helpful advice. You'll have your airfare in no time! :)

I was thinking instead of flying, your donations would help me get my '31 ready, get me the gas money and get me there (and back). Do you really think my advice is worth a nickel? Wow! I just may have to give even more.

Do you really think my advice is worth a nickel? Wow! I just may have to give even more.

Nope...it's worth much more. I meant you give so much even a modest nickle would quickly earn big bucks!

Hope your '31 DOES make the trip. But, if not, your welcome to ride shotgun in a '32!

Nope...it's worth much more. I meant you give so much even a modest nickle would quickly earn big bucks!

Hope your '31 DOES make the trip. But, if not, your welcome to ride shotgun in a '32!

THANKS! Nice '32 on the meet badge, too!

Ohhh man...even FURTHER away from me than the last meet. I'll just have to wait until there's another one on the west coast...unless I get rich. O.K....I have an idea. Everybody send me ten dollars.

John, it looks like your wait for a West Coast meet just got a little longer. Joe Cozza said that the fellow that was to host the 2013 Meet in Riverside, CA, apparently has health problems and has decided not to go thru with it. I just got a call yesterday from a fellow DB Club member on his way home from the Moline DB Meet. I am not sure it's official yet, but he tells me the torch has been passed to him for hosting the 2013 DB meet near Dallas, Texas.

John, it looks like your wait for a West Coast meet just got a little longer. Joe Cozza said that the fellow that was to host the 2013 Meet in Riverside, CA, apparently has health problems and has decided not to go thru with it. I just got a call yesterday from a fellow DB Club member on his way home from the Moline DB Meet. I am not sure it's official yet, but he tells me the torch has been passed to him for hosting the 2013 DB meet near Dallas, Texas.

That's correct. It will be in Texas.

I don't think it will be in June though.

I'm guessing April/ May.

Joe C.

Guest Backyardmechanic
That's correct. It will be in Texas.

I don't think it will be in June though.

I'm guessing April/ May.

Joe C.

Joe,

Apr./May would be a bad month for a meet as there's people plan there vacations for just the meets Like the School teachers members this would be hard for them to get off.And the younger people with school age kids same thing.

Vern

Vern- you and your car will burn up! It's Africa hot in Texas in June, July or August. For that matter, it is Africa hot in Riverside, CA in July, where the meet was originally located. (For the same reason, thankfully, that's not going to be the venue).

And with all due respect, the "kids" argument holds no water. In the last five National Dodge meets I have attended, you could count the kids in attendance on one hand. By my estimate, perhaps incorrect, the far majority of attendees are retired.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Backyardmechanic

Well what ever! Just return from a car meet and I knowest a plate on front of a car saying"The furture of our belove hobby are the younger generation take a kid to a car show" Very true!!!!!!!!!!

Vern

Maybe one of these years I can be a part of putting together another Oregon tour near Crater Lake and Mount Shasta. There is a lot to see around here and a lot of wineries!

Did someone say Wineries?!?! I'd be all over that!! ;) Someday...would love to go see Crater Lake!

I know it's a ways away, but I'm actually looking forward to the 2014 right here in my homestate of Michigan! Maybe if I get lucky, I'll even have the Victory ready to go for that one! :D

Did someone say Wineries?!?! I'd be all over that!! ;) Someday...would love to go see Crater Lake!

I know it's a ways away, but I'm actually looking forward to the 2014 right here in my homestate of Michigan! Maybe if I get lucky, I'll even have the Victory ready to go for that one! :D

I may even have one of my '31 coupes ready to take back to my home state of Michigan, too. Now...how much can I get for all of my toys and parts???

:eek: Another Michigander living abroad! :eek:

I'm trying to convince my husband to make a vacation for ourselves out of next year's meet! Never been that far east! I'll have to keep working on him!! It's been a few years now since we took a vacation by ourselves. And I really don't feel like going to Las Vegas.....again!

John, if ya can't get a car ready for 2014.....I'll be more than glad to let you come with us if mine is ready!! ;) Don't know if I can help ya on the toys and parts.....depends on the toys! :D

:eek: Another Michigander living abroad! :eek:

I'm trying to convince my husband to make a vacation for ourselves out of next year's meet! Never been that far east! I'll have to keep working on him!! It's been a few years now since we took a vacation by ourselves. And I really don't feel like going to Las Vegas.....again!

John, if ya can't get a car ready for 2014.....I'll be more than glad to let you come with us if mine is ready!! ;) Don't know if I can help ya on the toys and parts.....depends on the toys! :D

A sampling...

post-37352-143138619535_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138619543_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138619552_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

:eek: Holy Crap on a Cracker!! :eek:

That's a serious toy collection!! That should be able to get ya to the meet and back!! ;)

Shannon, John is being modest...You should see his hubcap collection. It can be seen from Space. Nasa had to develop a special sunglass for the Space Shuttle crew when they orbit over Southern Oregon. It's amazing what one 106 year old man can do.

Shannon, John is being modest...You should see his hubcap collection. It can be seen from Space. Nasa had to develop a special sunglass for the Space Shuttle crew when they orbit over Southern Oregon. It's amazing what one 106 year old man can do.

O.K.....I just HAD to show this shot from Google Earth of my hubcaps...

With the price of stainless today, maybe I can sell my caps (which are all stainless) to the scrap guy and have enough money to make the next meet!

post-37352-143138620805_thumb.jpg

That's so true, Doc. Once I scrap all of those 1967 AMC caps and those 1964 Impala caps, EVERYONE will want them. I'd better hold off on that "scrapping" thing...mmmm....let's see...how much can I get for them in another 100 years??? Wanna buy a hubcap? Oh....I have since moved the caps off of my wife's daffodils at her urging.

post-37352-143138620812_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

:eek: Wow! I even had to put shades on to look at the photo!! :cool: That's some collection! And I think you guys are correct....what if you do live to 206? Of course once you sell the caps....everyone is going to want them!! There has to be some happy medium that you can sell some of each and still make the meet! ;)

And I will say Thank You for removing them from the flower bed for your wife!! I have my own flowerbeds and would be happy my husband removed his stuff from my flowers!! :D

This thread has gotten way too commical!! :D

Hey John,

Bet you have a rubber chicken in all those toys someplace! :D

Surprisingly, I do NOT have a rubber chicken. I do have a rubber Chrysler Airflow, though...oh...yeah...this is supposed to be about next year's meet. Sorry for the hijacking. Maybe my little red Airflow will be my "rubber chicken" that I will have to bring to the meets.

post-37352-143138621915_thumb.jpg

Too funny!! Love the sense of humor here!!

I have since found out that my daughter (age 14) wants to go to next year's meet with us if we go! So much for our getaway together! But, that's alright....if it means she'll take car of the Victory when I'm gone, I'll be more than glad to bring her! I wonder if I can get her to wear period dress?!?! hehehe

Too funny!! Love the sense of humor here!!

I have since found out that my daughter (age 14) wants to go to next year's meet with us if we go! So much for our getaway together! But, that's alright....if it means she'll take car of the Victory when I'm gone, I'll be more than glad to bring her! I wonder if I can get her to wear period dress?!?! hehehe

C'mon now....you KNOW that girls love to dress up! She and you will have a blast. I wish my two kids were inspired toward the two coupes I have.

:eek: Oh you haven't met my daughter! She's not your typical girl. She's an artist. She plays viola & acoustic guitar but also works on her own dirt bike & snowmobile. And she's looking forward to helping me with the car!! She HATES dresses!! And I am not kidding when I say HATES! ;) She would kill me if I made her do that for the meet!! But I think I'm seriously going to look into the 2012 meet. I've always wanted to go out east & this is a great opportunity to do so!

If your going to Ct you better bring an extra pocket full of cash so you can pay all the taxes you will encounter along the way!!