I need a new window ASAP

Guest spiering.lucas

Guest spiering.lucas

Someone please help me. I need a new window from my drivers side. The small quarter window that the mirror is attached to. I need my car fixed ASAP.!!!!

Guest Recian

there's a car in dudley at youngs that still has both it's windows. :P no mirrors anymore lol i got those. glad i did too cuz the motor went out in my driver one and it bounces up and down going down the road lol

Guest spiering.lucas

I found the section in my service manual. Although it wasn't much help. Does anyone know if I have to remove the whole drivers window assembly completely or if the quarter window and frame easily slide out after beig unbolted???

You do not have to remove the main window. You simply take off the door panel, take out the speaker at the bottom remove the bolt holding the bottom of the vent window to the door, remove the two bolts on the front top of the door along with the mirror bracket and then lift up the vent window and giving it a quarter turn it will come out of the door.

I sent you an email about the parts.

Jim

I would add one thing here. Be very careful removing the vent window, especially if you have tinted windows. I learned this the hard way, as I chewed up the tint film on the driver's side maind window replacing the vent window on my 91. The lower extremity of the vent window frame caught the inner surface of the main window on the way up and out.

Just a heads up from someone who has been there and done that.

KDirk