front plastic bumper cover removal

Guest diesel991

Guest diesel991

Anyone know how to remove the front bumper cover? info appreciated. Ronnie, will check your web page just in case. Thanks

Diesel,

are you referring to the trim molding (on the face of the bumper) or the filler that sits on top of the bumper, under the hood and between the lamp housings?

For the face trim (rub strip), there are just self-tapping speed nuts that hold it on from the back side of the aluminum bumper impact bar. The filler has a bunch of press-fit plastic "rivets" under the black plastic baffle, but you also need to remove the lamp housings and there are fasteners that hold the ends near the wheel wells to the underside of each front fender. It has been a while since I had this piece off my 91 (over 2 years) so I can't say with absolute certainty what other concealed fasteners there are. This at least gets you started.

KDirk

Guest diesel991

the problem i have is that my fog lamps are not even, I want them to sit straight and flush with the bumper. thats all

The fog brackets are susceptible to getting bent and can be straightened. Remove the four # 10 nuts holding them in and you will see the main horizontal part should be flat and level. Simply bend them so the are straight and put them back in. Because the fog lights sit inside the bumper cover, you cannot straighten them in the car.

I do have some good brackets if you need them but am sure you can straighten yours.