1989 Buick reatta Stereo/radio popping sounds

Guest diesel991

Guest diesel991

I have a 1989 buick reatta (has touch screen) and I am looking for a solution to my radio problem. when i turn my radio on i hear a loud static and popping sounds coming from my speakers, I have searched and had no success, any info? idea? thanks

Guest diesel991

i did, I saw that the 6 capacitors. I tried to find them with no success. Where are they located (if thats my problem)? because i took my touch screen radio unit out and apart with no success. Sorry for my ignorance, i am confused

The touch screen and the radio module are two completely different things. No need to bother the touch screen. The radio module is located inside the console on the driver's side.

radio_location.jpg

I don't want to seem rude, but have you actually looked at the links I provided? I don't see how the radio location and the location of the capacitors inside the radio could be made any clearer. Photos and written details are provided. If you have a question feel free to ask.

Edited by Ronnie (see edit history)

I know a guy that will rebuild your radio for you if you send it to him. I don't have all the right tools and stuff to do it, and he had those, plus the know-how. If you're interested, send me a PM, and I'll give you his contact info. You'll have to talk with him about prices, I traded him some stuff for having some of mine rebuilt.