happy father's day to all aaca forum dads

PONTIAC1953

i just want to wish all the dads here on aaca forum, a happy father's day. i have fond and dear memories of my dad, i loss him five years ago, and i'm a proud dad of my son donnie, who's almost 21. happy father's day to all. charles coker, 1953 pontiac tech advisor.

Sadly my dad passed away three years ago on March 18, 2008. But from him I learned many things about working on cars and taking proper care of them.

It wasn't my two older brothers holding the flashlight for him while he worked on cars or washing and polishing the car.... it was me. My proudest moment was the day I got my license he gave me a set of keys of my own to our new Ford Country Sedan Station Wagon. Neither of my brothers ever had their own set of keys to one of Mom and Dad's cars. :)

Guest danceswithpumps

Happy Father's Day to all of you DADS out there. I lost my Dad 3 months ago, so know how many of you feel today. First Father's Day in 63 yrs, without him...pretty tough, but he's in a much better place, for sure. Thank full for my 2 sons, 3 grandsons and one granddaughter.

Remember..just about anyone can be a father, but it takes a special person to be a DAD!!!

Rod

Guest DagoRed
Happy Father's Day to all of you DADS out there. I lost my Dad 3 months ago, so know how many of you feel today. First Father's Day in 63 yrs, without him...pretty tough, but he's in a much better place, for sure. Thank full for my 2 sons, 3 grandsons and one granddaughter.

Remember..just about anyone can be a father, but it takes a special person to be a DAD!!!

Rod

Well said.

I too lost my dad, best friend, mentor, pilar of strength & decorated WWII Army Air Corps. combat veteran 2 months and 6 days ago. At 62, this is my first fathers day without him.

The Greatest Generation indeed.

Edited by DagoRed (see edit history)

Happy Father's day to all. My father was great, when I showed an interest in old cars when I was 13 years old, he didn't hesitate to buy me the 1931 Chevrolet to restore. After he saw that I was serious, when I was 15 he bought a 1925 Dodge for me, this was 1966. He was very supportive, and I miss him terribly.

On the flip side, I'm father to 5 kids and 12 automobiles. My wife reminds me, rightly so, that the kids love me and the automobiles could care less............

Guest billybird

Happy Fathers Day to all! My dad has been dead now for 22 years. He always saw old cars as a "money pit" and didn't care about them.......Until I bought my first one and then he couldn't keep his hands off of it. You see, he was a Millwright by trade and taught me things like how to read a dial indicator, michrometer, weld and use many special tools that have helped me in the hobby these many years. He was a real convert of the hobby when he died. I now have two daughters of my own and have no trouble grtting them to help me work on my cars if I need it.

Thank you and Happy Father's Day to you all in return. My dad passed in 1973 when I was 23 and he was 57, way too young. My father had no interest in cars, but he was an excellent carpenter - although he worked for Sears most all his life. I've missed him terribly.

I lost my Dad in September, 2003 at age 83 - a decorated WWII Pacific Theater Seabee - the one who instilled in me my passion for cars and music. His comments still guide me, along with my thoughts to my kids and grandson.

In Dad's honor, today we took the 1930 Packard Phaeton out for a 70+ mile drive, first to a restaurant on the western-edge of Lake Pontchartrain, and then along Lakeshore Drive as we approached sunset in New Orleans.

My son and grandson will take me to the grand opening premier showing (next Sunday) of Cars 2.

My Dad was also in the SeaBees, 30th Battalion in the Phillipines. He died in 1965 at the age of 53. I was 15. I missed him most while I was in the Navy. I would have liked to compare experiences.I got well wishes from my three daughters today with whom I have great relationships as I hope all you fathers out there have with your children.