"Six Bladed Fan Blade"

sacemoi

Guest John1918

Did the Victory Six have a six bladed fan? The one on mine is four bladed and all ohers I have seen are the same. There is a 6 blade fan on my '18. John

Hi there

Have just recently purchased a 6 bladed fan for my 1930 DC 8 Dodge. It came of a "DODGE SPEED WAGON" of 2nd WW vintage, matches the same bolt holes on my pump, but blades have to be machined down for my car so they clear hoses & balancer.

cheers

Kevin BC

Kevin, aren't the stock DC-8 fan blades rather small in diameter? I recently saw a DC8 engine and the fan looked like it was for a toy car! I understand they had a clearance problem using the larger diameter fan blades as you mentioned. Can you post a picture of the stock setup for others to see? Thx, Joe

One problem with lots (6?) of blades is they can actually cavitate like a boat prop. When they get spinning real fast they kinda form a wall if you will and don't flow air very well. One would be better off with more pitch and less blades. Low speed is where a fan is needed, at higher speeds the air is pushed through the radiator just by movement of the car.

Yeah Joe, The Dodge 8 only has a 14" blade, and that only justs clears the harmonic balancer, and the lower radiator hose. the speed wagon blade is approx 17" so would have to have about a 1 1/4" machined off.

Am sitting on this one as I have just had a new radiator built, and when the car gets on the road, it hopefully wont need the 6 blade fan, but thought it was an opportunity to get one as an option, when I saw it on EBAY for $11. - Too good to pass up.

Will add a photo or two soon

Kevin :o