1926 Star Six by Durant

We recently purchased a 1926 Star Six (that's what it says on the emblem on the radiator) by Durant. Amazingly, since it had been in storage for 40 years, it is almost totally complete and original. We have a couple of questions for someone who is familiar with these automobiles. We can find plenty of information on the four cylinder cars, but the six cylinder seems to be pretty rare. Can you please put us in touch with someone who knows these cars? Thank you

Guest rcirilli

Judy, I would first try the AACA library. It is a rare combination that you have. If that doesn't work out put another post on this forum. Many of us have been traveling which may account for the lack of responses. Good luck, it sounds like a great car.

I have a repair manual for a 1927 Star Six cylinder model R. Would this be of any use to you?<P>I am looking for information on the four cylinder cars, the 1929 Durant 4-40 in particular, but can't seem to find any!<P>email me if you want to compare notes,<P>Dave. dave@darracq.freeserve.co.uk