Brake Reaction Rod Bushings

kdml

I just ordered new brake reaction rod (strut rod) bushings as well as an entire front end rebuild kit from Cars Inc, for my '65 Riv. Turns out the brake reaction rod bushings were included in the front end rebuild kit, as well

Both kits don't look the same and neither looks like what I pulled off.

If you look at the first picture, the bottom row was included in the front end rebuild kit, the middle row was the separate kit I bought, and the top row is what I removed.

Anyone know which one is the more complete kit or do I need to combine pieces?

Thanks

Doug

post-64567-143138570623_thumb.jpg

post-64567-143138570627_thumb.jpg

Hi Doug,

Your link is not working for me? The originals were a one piece design. The aftermarket kits and even the Buick kits after a certain date are the two piece design pictured at the top in your first picture. Someone had replaced your bushings in the past,

Tom Mooney

Not sure why the link does not work, but attached is a screen capture of the Napa add.

This version looks to be one piece. I am assuming you slide it into the hole in the frame and then slide the rod through it - sound right?

Any idea which way it goes - small side towards the front or back?

post-64567-143138571294_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...
Guest Rob J

I have the kit in the bottom row. Does anybody know how it goes together? I can't figure it out, and it came w/o instructions. :confused:

Strut rod bushing ? Brake reaction rod bushing? Are you sure that you guys are comparing apples to apples? Looks like apples and oranges to me. The brake reaction rod has bushings similar to those found on the ends of the control links on sway bars andor shock studs. From what I saw on a car in the field at Monterey, there's a cup, a bushing, the chassis, a bushing, and another cup. All held in place with a castel nut and cotter pin. Time to get out the chassis manual?

Ed

I used the NAPA version, which was a one piece design. Attached is the chassis manual diagram I used which appears to show a one piece design. I pushed the smaller end into the hole in the frame mount, from the back to the front. There is a small and large washer which sandwich the bushing. The order of items I had, from back to front, was small washer, bushing, large washer and nut. I did not even try to figure out the other designs

If this was not right let me know. It will be a while before this car goes down the road, so I have time to correct.

post-64567-143139002368_thumb.jpeg

post-64567-143139051856_thumb.jpeg