1929-31 light switch on ebay...

• 1 month later...
Guest namvetschrysler

G/day all,

Anyone know of someone that can repair/ rebuild the above mentioned light switches, i have a large quantity of these switches in all sorts of condition, in all a lot of bits but nothing complete. I have tried to get them rebuilt here in Aus but nobody is interested.

G/day all,

Anyone know of someone that can repair/ rebuild the above mentioned light switches, i have a large quantity of these switches in all sorts of condition, in all a lot of bits but nothing complete. I have tried to get them rebuilt here in Aus but nobody is interested.

I am going to try it after I saw the post where another guy did it. Just how many do you have? Maybe it will be my new business....

Guest namvetschrysler

G/day,

I do have a lot of bits in fact a shoe box full and i suppose six or seven actual switches which do not look good IE parts broken off / robbed/ butchered etc.

Most of it came from a auto electrician who closed his business after 60 or so years.

If it's the metal tabs missing or the fiber disk broken, I imagine I could make those. The hardest part to make would be the outer cup with the numbers stamped and the pressed steel manufacturing process that it probably took to make it with.

Guest namvetschrysler

Yes a lot of the Fibre sections are broken, the brass part that goes through the centre and turns the inner contact plate in most cases these have been butchered in some way, most of the steel parts you mentioned are ok, i will get all pieces together and take some pics, well i will get Someone to do that for me as i do not have the equipment to take them.

Regards