Sign in to follow this  
autoc3

1929? Cadillac trunk help

I have a 1929 trunk its in fair shape. im not a car person. What is something like that worth.

Usually trunks aren't worth the carrying to fleamarkets, in my experience. If it has the "Cadillac" crest or if it has fitted luggage it's another story. These, like a lot of things were removed from the cars back when they were being scrapped and saved in large numbers for the day when a new car was purchased but that new car had its own built-in trunk. You find a lot of steamer trunks too but nobody goes on ocean liners anymore.

Thanks so much. What do you mean by fitted luggage? The trunk has a suitcase in it that is made out of the same material as the trunk and fits very neatly in it.

That's what is meant by fitted luggage. It should have several different size cases all made to fit. It is worth more than a plain trunk but I don't know how much. You should look on "completed listings" on ebay to get a better idea.

How do you know the trunk is "Cadillac" or "1929"? A positive ID of make and year for sure will enhance value and make an easier sell. Here's a 29 Cad (although modified) with a trunk. Does your trunk look like it?

post-44716-143138566784_thumb.jpg

the story that came with the trunk is all i know. its not like your pic at all. here is a link to some pics of it. https://picasaweb.google.com/mtgloans25/CadiTrunkPics?authkey=Gv1sRgCNy68KvzmOKlFQ&feat=emailthanks so much for all the info. the more i spend time learning about the trunk the more i love and want a 1920's Cadillac

Edited by autoc3 (see edit history)