Sign in to follow this  
Wayne38Zephyr

Lt Col William P Pinkerton's old zephyr

Hi , My '38 Zephyr came with lots of reciepts of the work it had done from 1941 until 1961 ,it had covered 90,000 miles in that time and i must have around 100 reciepts for all sorts of stuff, Lt Col WP Pinkerton from Kansas City Missouri owned the car during this time and he owned it until he died in 1973 , just wondered if anyone on here knew him , i'm trying to find out if he has any family that might have a picture of him and the car as it now lives here in England (UK) , I got it running last week and it sounded ok , i've started stripping out all the rotten interior trim and i will start making new floors etc soon ,

Thanks for any help

Wayne

I've been told this fellow in North Caorlina makes excellent floor pans for our Zephyr's:

36-41 Lincoln Floorpans

I dont know the guy and have not yet bought a set for myself, but it's something I plan to do soon based on the reputaiton of what others here have said about his product.

Good luck with your 38, Jim

Hi Jim , thanks for the link but I will be making all the panels for my zephyr as it's what i do for a living , also i'm in England and shipping large panels can be expensive , luckily there was enough of the passenger floor to copy all the stamping patten , i might start a build thread if people do that on this forum

Thanks again Jim

Wayne