not sure what i got

Guest adrenaline41

Guest adrenaline41

I recently traded my harley dvidson that i didnt ride much for a 1941 oldsmobile. I was hoping i could find out some more information on it. So far i can tell you that its all original outside of the wheels. Its a business coupe (no rear seat) and it has a flathead 6 cylinder motor. Its a 3 speed on the column Its brown in color and has pretty basic chrome as compared to most ive seen on the internet so far. I saw a thread on here that said they tought they were pretty rare. Any and all information would be appreciated. If theres something i need to post let me know cause the more i find on the car the better. Thanks!

Sounds like you've got a Special (Series 66) Business coupe. They also came as Series 68 (8 cylinder). Checking the body tag on the firewall will confirm it. The model number should be 41-3527B

Olds built 6.433 of them as 6 cylinders, as opposed to 23.796 club coupes, which is the same car, but with a back seat (and no B on the end of the model number). They built 188 Series 68 businss coupes.

The Special was the entry level model, also available as a 2-door sedan, 4-door sedan, convertible, and a station wagon. Later in the year they came out with a Town Sedan - a 4-door with blind rear quarters.

The models you are seeing with the extra chrome trim are the Dynamic Cruiser (Series 76 and 78) - only available as 2- and 4-door fastbacks, and the Custom Cruiser (Series 96 and 98) - available as a club coupe, 4-door sedan, convertible and phaeton (4-door convertible). "Washboard" fender trim was standard on Custom Cruisers and was part of a DeLuxe trim available on the Dynamic Cruisers.

Another reason for less chrome could be when your car was built. With the war coming, they started phasing out some of the chrome trim later in the year. On early cars, the grilles under the headlights are chromed. Later cars are painted. Also, there is a cast piece along the bottom of the instrument panel that was chromed on early cars, painted on later ones. I think there were other differences between early and late cars, but don't recall what they all are. I think some of it might have involved eliminating the washboard trim on the Dynamic Cruiser DeLuxe models.

Paul

Guest adrenaline41

Thank you oldsfan. I was mostly wanting this information as to know if i made a good trade or not. I`ve had several old vehicles from fords to chevys to buicks but never had an olds. I just saw this coupe( which ive always wanted) and just had to have it because it was different. Not sure what im goin to do with it at this point outside of enjoying it. I realize this is a very vague question but have you seen any thats sold recently? I dont plan on selling it but was just wondering what its worth. Thank you.