1928 Victory Six phaeton

Anyone out there in Dodgebrotherland know where this 1928 DB Victory Six phaeton is today?I saw it in Encinitas, California a very long time ago...probably the late '70s. I believe that it is right hand drive and it came up from Argentina along with Dr Joe's phaeton.

post-37352-143138560329_thumb.jpg

Wow John, that Victory is in great shape. If it was part of the package deal from Buenos Aires, Argentina, that one must have been the cream of the crop. Look at that top!! As the story goes, my Dad heard about a group of three guys who ventured down to Argentina to round up a bunch of old cars. The idea was that they would fill a shipping container with six to eight cars from the 20's-30's. When they returned to San Diego, each partner got their pick of one car to keep themselves, while the remainder were sold off as is. The partners then split the profits. Dad heard about one of the three partners who still had his "pick" in the back yard and now needed the money. He apparently had the car for several years where it sat near a dryer vent in the rear of his house. My Dad laughs when he tells the story because it looked like the car had been "tarred and feathered!" The owner lived in Leucadia, CA next to Encinitas and built cool custom tandem bicycles for a living. Dad purchased it over 20 years ago as a right hand drive. Thanks for posting that John. Maybe JB knows where the car is now. The only Victory tourings I have seen are owned by DB Club members back east. JB is one of them. I have a picture somewhere of the other one and I'll post it if I locate it.

Wow John, that Victory is in great shape. If it was part of the package deal from Buenos Aires, Argentina, that one must have been the cream of the crop. Look at that top!! As the story goes, my Dad heard about a group of three guys who ventured down to Argentina to round up a bunch of old cars. The idea was that they would fill a shipping container with six to eight cars from the 20's-30's. When they returned to San Diego, each partner got their pick of one car to keep themselves, while the remainder were sold off as is. The partners then split the profits. Dad heard about one of the three partners who still had his "pick" in the back yard and now needed the money. He apparently had the car for several years where it sat near a dryer vent in the rear of his house. My Dad laughs when he tells the story because it looked like the car had been "tarred and feathered!" The owner lived in Leucadia, CA next to Encinitas and built cool custom tandem bicycles for a living. Dad purchased it over 20 years ago as a right hand drive. Thanks for posting that John. Maybe JB knows where the car is now. The only Victory tourings I have seen are owned by DB Club members back east. JB is one of them. I have a picture somewhere of the other one and I'll post it if I locate it.

Actually, I think you're right. It WAS Leucadia. The guys had a bunch of cars there. One was about a 1929 Chrysler roadster and a one of a kind custom Cadillac with anodized gold trim on it that used to belong to some actress.

This '31 Chrysler (yes...that's me) was parked in front of the place where I saw 1928 the phaeton. I originally had photos of other cars there, one of which I believe was Dr. Joe's, but those photos were destroyed in a water heater blowout/flood.

post-37352-14313856097_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

• 8 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I believe the 2-toned green one with the horns and fog lights belongs to a Dodge dealer in Sylvania (Toledo) Ohio. It was not the first one shown in this thread. That one may be MIA.

There are several of these still running: one in mid-state Michigan, one somewhere in Kansas (which may be the MIA??), One was in Texas but sold to Europe, the one in Sylvania, One in Uruguay (in standard trim), one in Dubai (in standard trim), and one in pretty unauthentic shape in India. Oh, and mine in sport trim.