Early 70's Cadillac Molding, what years ???

John

Molding is 5-3/4 long by 11/16 wide, and has casting number 1498224. End flaps missing from box where part number is stamped. The part number must be different than the casting number as it does not appear in parts books.

On the blunt end it is formed for another piece to overlap so it could be part of side molding or hood center molding set?

The casting number puts it in the early 70's but I would like to know specific applications.

John

post-30595-143138559386_thumb.jpg

post-30595-143138559391_thumb.jpg

I had a bunch of these. I think they are the standard moulding for the front center hood on a 74 or 75 vintage cadillac. If you bought the wreath this came off and the wreath went on with the pedastal. The box may be for the pedastal base and the actual Cadillac crest was a seperate part that attached with a funky spring clip. Many of these I have found actually are the takeoff in the base box for the hood ornament. You might look close at the studs and see speed nut marks. One of my boxes actually had the part number still. I think these are really common. I had about 10 of them at one time. I had no luck selling them as everyone wanted the hood ornament rather than the bull nose.