buick straight rocker oiling

Thanks for all who replyed but I'm still not getting oil down to the valve side. I looked at the shaft and one oil hole is at the pushrod side and the other is at the bottom and I think the shaft will only go one way.I cant figure it out it used to oil them thanks for any suggestions jeff

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Jeff:

Are you sure you've put the bolts for the rocker arm stands in right? The front rocker arm stand bolt is different from the others, as it has a smaller diameter shank so the oil flows up around the bolt into the shaft. Flow sequence is into the head, up the side of the bolt, into the front rocker arm stand, into the interior of the rocker arm shaft, into the rocker arms. It's very easy to re-assemble things wrong.

Regards, Dave Corbin

Dear Jeff:

Are you sure you've put the bolts for the rocker arm stands in right? The front rocker arm stand bolt is different from the others, as it has a smaller diameter shank so the oil flows up around the bolt into the shaft. Flow sequence is into the head, up the side of the bolt, into the front rocker arm stand, into the interior of the rocker arm shaft, into the rocker arms. It's very easy to re-assemble things wrong.

Regards, Dave Corbin

Hello Dave, I have a oil line from block passage that pipes it up to the front of the head into the head to another line that feeds the front rocker stand into the rocker shaft filling ity with oil then it is to go down push rods and out the oil hole down the top of rocker to valve tappet.. I went down the free way today and have yet to take cover off to see what it has done but

will post when I do this thanks Jeff