1947 Buick Super eight - door panel remove

Guest craftsmen22

Guest craftsmen22

Hello,

I have a hard time to remove the door panel on a 1947 Buick Super eight convertible car. I was able to get the electric unit for the window out, but I got stuck on the inside door handle. The workshop manual says I should press the liner away and use another tool to loosen the connection between handle and rod. But I just don't find a spot where to unhook the handle. Would anyone know how to solve this?

Regards,

Tom

Guest 38cadillacjack

hello,when you push back on the panel,also push on any trim ring around handle.there is a clip ,like a horse shoe that holds the handle to yhe shaft.there are tools made for removing them,but a thin blade works.the clip has to be pushed from the handle as you look from the long side.i have also used a small bent pick or wire to pull from the shot side.it isnt hard to do just to explain.46 years as a trimmer,i have removed many.good luck

Guest craftsmen22

Hi cadillacjack,

thanks for the description, I think I know now what's it like. I'll post my success. Would you also be familiar with the hydro system for the 47 convertible Buick Super eight.

Tom

Guest craftsmen22

@38cadillacjack,

thanks so much for your help, I managed to take the handle apart. Without our description I would have never seen where the spring sits. The only thing is the spring jumped away. Can I replace it with the ones I use for my 1969 Cutlass conv?

Regards,

Tom