Is a green '91 with 200K worth something?

atikovi

16-ways? Cd? Sunroof? What general condition is it in?

Even at 200k, if well maintained, it can be pretty nice. But on the flip-side, if it's run hard and put up wet, then it would probably be worth more in parts than anything.

Guest steveskyhawk

If you are going to invest the time and money to restore Reatta, a polo green 91 is the one to choose. Polo green looks almost black in the shade but lights up beautifully when put under bright light or in the sun. Polo green has a blueish tint and is really a nice classy color.

I agree with Marck on this one. Unless it is badly beaten, if you can get it reasonable at the auction it should be easy to resell for a profit. Green, being the rarest color offered in any of the four years, is IMO automatically worth a bit more due to the scarcity of cars in that color. Add to that the fact that it is a 91 (as are all Polo Green cars) and that makes it worth a bit more still relative to the other three years.

I really like Polo Green, the first Reatta I ever really noticed was a green one and I thought it looked great. Would love to have one someday, but right now I'm at my limit for the number of vehicles I can own/insure/maintain/store. Plus, white cars have become something of a trademark for me now, so not sure if I want to break with "tradition". Having said that, I think if I could get a green coupe, an 88 or 89 claret coupe and maybe a 1990 select 60, I would have all the Reatta's I could ever want. Doubtful I'll ever complete that list, but I can dream.

KDirk

If you are going to keep the car and drive it, then if you can buy it cheap, buy it. If you are planning on buying it and reselling it, how many people do you know want to buy a car with 200k on it?

I have owned four green '91s and currently own two. I recently sold a very nice looking and driving '91 green for $ 1500 with 156K on it.

My sentiments are there is very, very little demand for Reattas (high or low mileage, impeccable or well driven). I don't know if its because of the economy or if it is just cyclical (or just no desire of it being a collectible). But if you're looking to buy a Reatta, don't think resale. Think ownership, enjoyment (and at times a mild headache) for many years to come.

Well, it never showed. But there was a white '89 with 204K that didn't get a bid even at $350. The body was nice but the paint was peeling from the bumpers, a/c low charge message, ABS message and the pedal hard as a rock etc. Wheels and tires looked great, interior not too bad. No roof or 16 way seats. If anybody wants a driver project, it may be back next week.