ABS Pressure Switch

ESTAVER

Saw your brake question via my home e-mail, but I'm having trouble using the forum to view it. I'm at estaver1@bellsouth.net . That address will let me talk to you directly if needed.

As to your question... I no longer have a Reatta shop manual.

Sorry, but I don't recall the connector pin layout.

Many folks here at the forum have lots of info. and experience on brake issues. Suggest you post here with that question about "Pressure switch pin circuit"

Drew

Edited by Rawja (see edit history)

I think Dan found the info he was seeking. I will post it here so others might benefit from it.

Any chance you can scan/email me the page(s) with the wiring diagram and wire color codes for the system? Or if you have a PDF of the whole manual? Specifically, for the brake pressure sensor that screws into the pump body I’m trying to understand what each pin does and where each colored wire attaching to those pins should go. So the diagram for the connector or the pressure switch.
Hi danman,

Welcome to the forum. You don't say what the problem you having is so I assume it is the pump will not run. The photos below should provide the information you need about the pressure sensor. You can download the entire Service Manual in .pdf format from the documentation section of: www.reatta.net. You will need to sign up for access to the manual before you can download it. If I can be of further assistance just let me know.

pressure_switch_connector.jpg

--------------------------------------------

pump_wiring_diagram.jpg

Dan My Man.... you see, lots of great, friendly help here at the forum. I don't know what I would have done without them when I had my '89. My '99 Riv is now my daily driver and that supercharger really moves her down the road when needed.

Still miss not seeing those Reatta style lines reflected in shop windows as I drive by.

I did not see the original posts but it is common for the pressure switch to go bad. Look inside the pin area and if there is even the tiniest drop of brake fluid next to the pins the switch is bad. Even without seepage the switches can be bad.

I do have good used switches available.