WATER HOSE ROUTING

MrEarl

Guest 53Nailhead
Thought I'd post this up in case anyone has trouble "Making Ends Meet" :D

Wish you had posted this 3 years & 50' of heater hose ago!!!! haha:D

Like Fred, I'm going to print this for future reference

Thought I'd post this up in case anyone has trouble "Making Ends Meet" :D

Note the 'cross' on the 74" trans cooler hoses for 54-55. The legend is on other chart (calls it power steering gear)...anyhow the hoses for 55 are 78" long...the 54 hoses are 74" long.

Willie

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
Guest katsfan

Resurrected an old thread. ;)

Installing Vintage Air and it makes a difference which way the water is flowing.

Is it coming out of the radiator through the circuit and back in to the thermostat housing or the other way around?

Thanks,

Guest Rob McDonald

Mre Arl, what an incredibly useful source of information!

I see this folder came from Braley & Graham Buick in Portland OR. They must have kept a lot of their obsolete literature because I have several pieces with their mark, from the days when the Portland Swap Meet was one of my annual rituals of spring.

Just in case anyone's going to Portyland this year, please be aware that it will NOT be the first weekend in April, as usual. The meet has moved to April 13-15, so as not to conflict with Easter. I dunno... couldn't they have got the Vatican or someone to change THEIR date?

• 5 years later...

Just a tip, when removing those old hoses. Take the clamp off and slice the hose with a razor knife. Use a screwdriver tip or something similar to peel the hose back, radially, around the pipe fixture. I can save damaging a copper pipe or fitting, as well as banging your hand on some sharp object in the engine compartment when the hose lets go suddenly.

It is a lot of hose. Here is the old stuff from a '56 Cadillac, about the same as a Roadmaster.

001.thumb.jpg.bc6846140e9fc6cca53df966dd8e0f12.jpg

Bernie

• Like 1