Customized Reatta Art Print

Jim

I can tell you about the picture. The artist is Al Richardson and I met him many years ago at the "old" Pate swap meet. I purchased some of his pictures and I talked him into doing a Corvair picture. The result was two larger pictures 9"X 20" one with early model Corvairs and one with late models. Since he was willing to do the special, I sold them for him at Corvair meets that I attended.

After I got involved with Reattas, and there were no special Reatta pictures, I ask Al if he would consider doing a Reatta picture. The picture you see is 9 X 12 and has three Reattas. A coupe and convertible out front and another coupe in the garage.

He starts with a black on white silk screened print and he then does the custom work.

(you cannot move the cars around or have two convertibles, the base format cannot be changed, unless you want to commission a new painting)

You choose the colors you want, choose the name on the shop and three other small signs.

The most custom part of the picture is the wheels..... he will do 1988-1990 style or 1991 style.

I tried to get to his web page but could not figure it out, here is a link

Als Coustom Art

I am not certain of the current price for the Reatta picture, it is available framed or unframed.

Edited by Rawja (see edit history)

The last I saw the posts was at about 7:30 PM central time last night and at that time the last post was from Kevin. I see now that Barney and Ronnie added to it and then it evidently went south.

Oddly I still have a combination on my home computer and on my Iphone all of the posts up until that time.

This morning I was going to post this part of those posts so everyone could get a picture if they wanted one but see Rawja did it for me.

Roger, thanks for restarting this as a new thread.

I did get mine as a result of Barney's efforts.

Edited by Jim (see edit history)

Al is savy about Reattas and notice the difference in the prints above.

In the picture Ronnie posted from his web site... the red convertible has red side molding and 1991 wheels, while the white coupe has early wheels and black side molding.

Jim had Al put the "special" wheels on his convertible and the car has body color side molding.

Although Al has information on all the standard colors, these are watercolor creations and the actual color may not be exactly like the production color.

Barney is right. I had him do the wheels so as to look like the ones on my wife's driftwood convertible. On my picture the car is supposed to be driftwood and it is a little bit gold looking but appears to be white. Maybe that is the closest color he could do at the time.

Thanks guys!!

I appreciate the help!! I also love the fact that we can customize colors, wheel choices, signage, etc. I think I just found the perfect Father's Day gift, it will be much better than a golf shirt or a tie!