Trans Mount / Crossmemeber Help !

Guest patbommer

Guest patbommer

Hey, i bought that Crossmember as a 64 Rivi crossmember for a th400. Is that Correct ? And the Mount for the th400 64 Buick Riviera. Are that part correct ? Cause i have difficult to believe that that parts fits together ... Are one part the wrong one or are there two different mounts ? Should the Rubber from the mount fits well in that valley from the Crossmember till the bottom?

Can someone send me a pic from a mounted one ?

I have a 63 Rivi but with Trans Th400 from withNumber: 66T-446

could someone open my eyes ? ;)

thx a lot

post-64247-143138542781_thumb.jpg

post-64247-143138542784_thumb.jpg

post-64247-143138542785_thumb.jpg

The rubber mount bolts to the crossmember using the cross ways bolt holes and the trans is bolted to the two outside holes in the mount ....I think you are looking at the picture the wrong way ....turn it upside down and it will all line up and make sense

Guest dcdpgh

Yes. I went thru the same confusion with my transmission shop last year when we replaced the mount on my '68 with a th400.

Tom,

I've used the mount from a '73 before. I had to drill a hole in the trans mount and put it on using a nut rather than the bolts that were used on the 64 mount. In the picture it looks like the two staggered holes are on the mount.

Anchor Industries Online Parts Catalog#

Advance Auto sells them for $9.99

CARS, Inc. has the correct ones for about $36.00

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

I recently ordered an Anchor brand mount thru my local auto parts store. There was no listing for a `65 Riv but there was a listing for a Wildcat, Electra of the same year, is the same mount as the Riv. What arrived in the box was nothing like the proper mount and had already separated from the metal backing! The mount looked new but obviously the rubber never properly bonded to the metal. Wow!

Thanks for the info Ed,

Tom Mooney