Eastern Spring Meet - Stowe, VT. - Roll Call

I will be arriving sometime Thursday Afternoon.

Looking forward to all the various activites, seeing my AACA Friends and meeting new ones. :)

Also looking forward to the new 04B Class my VW will be in this year and meeting a whole new group of classmates.

So, who else is going to this meet?

Edited by charlier (see edit history)

I too am looking forward to the new class 04 and am bringing along my beater Met. I went to college at Norwich and going back to VT is like going home. If the forecast stays just showers, I should be there. If it gets worse, well....

Bill

Still kinda early to put much faith in the weather forecast but for those who are interested:

US Weather Pages: USWX : Weather -> VT -> Stowe (05672)

NOAA: 7-Day Forecast for Latitude 44.47N and Longitude 72.68W

AccuWeather: Stowe, VT 05672 Today's Weather Forecast - AccuWeather.com

Weather Channel: 5 Day Weather Forecast and Conditions for Stowe

Wayne, So if the Board Meetings are on Thursday does that mean Board Members (like yourself) might be taking the Tour on Friday? No doubt we will cross paths like we seem to do at most meets.

Charlie, with the Annual Meeting, 2 Meets, and two tours under my belt already, I don't even remember where Stowe is?????:confused::)

But yes, the meetings will be over Thursday and we will attend whatever is available on Friday and Saturday. I left the wife and a car home this time, so I don't have to worry about bringing home anymore antique furnature.:P

See you there, Charlie!

Wayne

So, we might have some rain with our show - well, we're leaving tomorrow and looking forward to a great time - rain or shine, or a little of both!

See you there,

Terry

Hey, if anyone beats me to the swap meet find some good spark plugs for me!

Bill Boudway,

An excellent chioce to stop at the Saratoga Museum. We were there this past weekend for the Saratoga Invitational and Car Shows (Europe on Saturday, American on Monday). It rained Sunday, but that gave us more time to see the cars inside.

If you can spare a bit of time and have never been to Saratoga it is well worth spending some time to vsit the town, and horse track just to see those places. Lake George is also worth a bit of time. I hope the rain lets up for all those at the meet. Because of the trip to Saratoga and some other distance events, I decided to skip Stowe.

John

I arrived in Montpelier Wednesday afternoon, and will be there as of Thursday morning.

Will be working, helping to market those "Got-to-have" goodies to help the Meet,so please visit, and plan to buy STUFF !

I'll also show the blue 1934 Buick in Class 20-C for the first time.

Will also be judging, going to JudgingSchool, and CJE -- should be a busy few days.

Y'all come visit.

Guest 37StudeDude

Stowe's a great town to visit. We attend the August car show every year at Nichol's field. Looking forward to debuting our just finished 3 year restoration project...from rust bucket to concourse ready...1934 Ford Cabriolet. Ron and Joan Liska, Middletown, CT

For those concerned about rain take the forecast with a few grains of salt. The forecast I saw for "rain, heavy at times" for Tuesday evening and all day Wednesday was pretty far off the mark when it came to the route I took. I can only hope the forecast is just as inaccurate for Thursday when I finish the last leg of my trip from near Albany, NY to Stowe.

FYI, anyone traveling the NY State Thruway going north try to avoid getting fuel at the Sloatsburg Travel Plaza. The cost of fuel there is about 22 cents more/gallon than the plazas to the north. I had to fill up at New Baltimore (last plaza before Albany) and paid $4.06. Much better than the $4.28 at Sloatsburg. Also, for those with trailers be advised that the Sloatsburg Plaza does not have all that much trailer parking.

Safe Trip to all traveling on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Weather Update:

My trip from near Albany to Stowe on Thursday was nice and dry. Mostly cloudy with periods of sun.

The Stowe area had more sun and white clouds. A little bit of drizzle here overnight Thursday.

Edited by charlier (see edit history)