1953 Super odometer numbers

WillBilly53

What is the best way to get my faded odometer numbers restored? Should I take it apart and repaint them myself or is this something best left to a speedometer restoration shop? The MPH numbers are fine, but the odometer numbers are faded almost beyond recognition. Any tips? I'm mighty handy with brush and paint. :D

Gawd, it must be easy to restore a Chevy! Expensive, but easy.

Will,

Do like Pete says and buy another one...THEN try painting that one. Then your car isnt down while you find out it can't be done. I don't know how difficult they are to disassemble, but it looks like you could paint the numbers (after browsing your website). Looks good.

excellent. The car is down at the moment. I'm still in the stages of putting everything back together. The interior is what I'm concentrating on right now so the dash is out and all the instruments are removed. Installed a brand new wiring harness and I'm in the middle of putting everything back so I'll probably try both suggestions. I think I could swing $6.99 for the decals and also try painting on the spare speedometer I have from my parts car and see what comes out the best. Thanks everybody! and thanks for checking out my website ;)