Antenna top section and cable assembly

progoofoff

Bob,

If Jeff does not want them I will take them.

If they are gone, Barney has a reproduction cable available. Used working antennas are also a good alternative but putting in a new band/mast is the cheapest and best way in the long run as you then have a new flexible band installed as opposed to an older possibly brittle band.

A month ago I sent Barney some good complete antenna assemblies that needed only the cable replaced so he has some with new masts installed and ready to go.

Edited by Jim (see edit history)

Guest steveskyhawk

It is a great idea to rebuild your non functioning antenna with new parts if you can get them. Unfortunately if the mast is bent, the motor is bad or a relay is bad you are out of luck. If you remove your old antenna and fail to get it repaired the same day do you drive around with duct tape over the hole? If your car happens to have an aftermarket antenna and you are unaware that it is not original the parts that are available wont work.

The easiest, cheapest most surefire way to repair a non functioning antenna is to replace it with a tested, cleaned and lubricated OEM unit. Then you can rebuild your original antenna at your leisure and have a spare. If your car has an aftermarket antenna I can not only provide an OEM replacement but can also provide the original mounting bracket etc so that you can put your car back to stock. A link to my ebay store is listed below.

Guest steveskyhawk

Bob,

Sorry you aren't feeling well. Apparently you misunderstood my post. I encouraged people to rebuild their antennas but in addition to selling parts I like to provide a complete solution to their problem. I'll keep my fingers crossed you get paid.