Sign in to follow this  
Jon629

Ford Radio identification

I recently picked up an old chrome front Ford AM radio at an estate auction recently, and was hoping somebody could help me identify the year and model it came from.

There seems to be no number or date next to or below the stamped words "Date Installed". Other than the Ford emblem, the only other distinguishing marks I can seem to find are 18810-AB-125 and what appears to be 2BTP underneath that.

Any help in identifying this radio would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Can you post any pictures? The part numbers on the radios were usually printed on a paper tag that almost always is gone. They were made by Motorola and later on Philco.

Here are some photos I took. If I didn't get something important, let me know and I'll try again. I figure the chrome front with the fins/ridges at the bottom and the white centered knobs should be enough to get close. Any suggestions on cleaning something like this up? Ok, it's not letting me upload any photos.

Edited by Jon629
Won't allow pictures. (see edit history)

Here are some photos I took. If I didn't get something important, let me know and I'll try again. I figure the chrome front with the fins/ridges at the bottom and the white centered knobs should be enough to get close. Any suggestions on cleaning something like this up? Ok, it's not letting me upload any photos.

Limit your photo sizes to 2000 pixels or less in both directions and try to post them again.

It looks like it is a Ford Truck radio from the early 1960's. It was used on 1961 Ford conventional and tilt cab trucks with model 12BT (C1TF-18805) radio. Also 1961 FORD Econoline truck with model 12BU (C1UF-18805) Radio.

There is a fact sheet for this radio currently for sale on Ebay.

I think it was the basic radio for Ford trucks from 61-66. In thelater of those years they had a custom radio with push buttons.