fuel system

Guest The Hellydid

Guest The Hellydid

Well I dropped the tank on the 27 tonight, looks like it needs to be tanked....small dinosoars are living in there:eek:.....On another note, I looked for the vacuum tank, but the fuel line leads to this item (see pix), looks like a fuel pump? Oh whats at the bottom of the tank sending unit, just a screen...it's gunked up and before I go to chipping away at it I want to know what to look for

post-75464-143138532823_thumb.jpg

post-75464-143138532825_thumb.jpg

Guest The Hellydid

okay looks like a fuel pump, I finally got the sender out of the tank, it took the bung with it, no big deal there....but the sender, 3 tubes, one fuel supply, one vent and one for the fuel gauge....does the fuel gauge hose deliver fuel to the gauge or a vacuum, how does it work...anyone know

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Guest The Hellydid

okay I removed said fuel pump. It's a Autopulse model 500 and made in Ludington Michigan, seems to be pretty popular too.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">