ID this wreck!

Guest Tishabet

Guest Tishabet

Any ideas what this car once was? Fairly distinctive bumper, but the chrome "spears" on the solid metal backing has me scratching my head...

post-51324-143138530054_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tishabet (see edit history)

Guest De Soto Frank

Not sure it's one wrecked car so much as a mangled pile of parts from several cars...

The vibration damper and brake backing plates do NOT look like MoPar... also, the bare rim looks far too wide to be from the same era as the rest of this heap...

Not sure it's one wrecked car so much as a mangled pile of parts from several cars...

The vibration damper and brake backing plates do NOT look like MoPar... also, the bare rim looks far too wide to be from the same era as the rest of this heap...

Yeah....what engine IS that? I agree....it does not look MoPar-like in nature. That's why I said the grill "sort of" looks like '40 Chrysler.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Guest Tishabet

Yeah, I am puzzled too... I agree that the grill looks much like the style on the 40 Chrysler. My brother sent me the picture, the wreck is located on a piece of property he is thinking of buying and he was wondering out of idle curiosity if I could identify it... I told him between the grill with the broad chrome spears and the bumper/iron design I figured late 30s/pre-war but couldn't nail it down more than that.

Guest Tishabet
1941 Pontiac has a bumper very similar to the wreck's bumper.

Looks like a match to me!

:eek: It looks like a train hit it first, then it fell over a cliff, and then a D-8 cat had some fun shoving it around. I hear tell Wile E. Coyote was chasin the Road Runner in it with a rocket fastened to the trunk. ;) He survived more wrecks than anyone I know. ;) Dandy Dave!

Reminds me of the farmer in Michigan that was tearing down his metal shed in 1917.

The neighbor asked what he was going to do with the steel. He said he was going to bundle it up and send it the Ford company for their war scrap drive. Two weeks later he gets a letter from Ford, "this is the worst wreck we have ever seen but will have your Ford Model T fixed in two weeks."