1933 Buick 90 running after 20+ years in storage

Guest outlaw car man

Guest outlaw car man

1933 Buick 90, one owner car, 28,000 miles on it.

It's alive !!!! finally. 97% done and running-

Thanks so much for all you guys that helped in this lengthy process.

Been, what, 4 years + now. Paul, Bob, mark etc.....

Fired it up for the first time ( new engine 20 years ago with 15 minutes of running ) two days ago-

Blew Micky Mouse and his old home all over my nice clean garage. He had been taking up shop there, in the muffler, YEARS ago. Corn, milo seeds, Zagnut wrapper, acorn....( Decon, hadn't been there to long )

Interior is totally restored to new & my electrical re-wiring works.

Some photos.

Sandy Jones

Outlaw Car Man

Sandy

post-54015-143138527802_thumb.jpg

post-54015-143138527818_thumb.jpg

post-54015-143138527832_thumb.jpg

post-54015-143138527847_thumb.jpg

Guest outlaw car man

The Dillinger gang used a new 1933 Buick 90 to rob the Racine ,Wis. bank, in November, 1933.

I got to know one of the haostages that rode in the back seat with the gang, Thompsons, money bags and all.

That's as close as I can get, Bob. HHAAAHHA,

Sandy

Now you just need some documented history that a gangster owned the car or it was used in a bank robbery.

It must be great to take it for a drive for the first time.

Bob

• 1 month later...
Guest robertsch4802

Dear Sandy:

Congratulations on a stunning restoration! I read the article in the recent Bugle about the other 1933 Buick 90 you have--the unrestored one--and would love to see it in person at a Buick meet or any other venue. You have probably been asked many times after that article appeared if you would consider selling it. If you indeed ever consider selling it, please contact me at robertandbettina@earthlink.net and we will work out a deal. I love the 1933 Buicks and your two are tops!

With appreciation,

Robert

Guest outlaw car man

Yes, I have had this brought up before, about selling one of them. Don't know what I'm going to do, wife asks the same. Everything is in a stall, so I'm covered for now, my biggest problem with space.

Thanks for asking,

Sandy Jones

Sandy, it is a stunning car and I would love to take a picture of it next to my 32 67 at Danvers if you are bringing it. After 3.5 years of restoration on the 32 I know how it feels to drive it the first time too.

Congrats, have fun and drive safe.

Chuck Nixon

post-36870-143138559331_thumb.jpg

Sandy,

Well done !!!!!

Buena Vista has a 4 block long , both sides of the main street, car show comming up on the 3rd of July. Hint,hint. If you don't mind 3 blocks of dirt road, you could stay @ my place. And I've got a spare bay open next to the "baby".

Mike Simpson

Guest outlaw car man

Hey Phil, nice to see you over in the Buick world........

That's one nice original Dodge !!!!!!!!!!! One of the finest running cars I've ever been in.

You know it would fit in the back seat of a Buick 90 . HHHAAHA

Sandy