1963-65 Riviera Trunk

Glenn McMahon

:DHi Everyone,

I was wondering how to detail my trunk? I have the new cardboard kit in the box and thats about it. I am missing the wing nut assembly for the spare (64) and also the spring that holds the jack in place. Has anyone got any advice and or pictures of how they finished off their trunk. I am not really that fond of the original type mat material but I would like to keep the trunk looking 60's carlike.

Also I believe there are a certain clip to hold the cardboard kit in place? Any idea of where to get such a thing or a diagram of how the cardboard goes in? Has anyone painted the cardboard?

Regards,

Glenn

ROA #12929

Hi Glenn,

I am in the initial stages of planning my trunk redo also. (Attaching a picture I found somewhere of that spring holding the jack.) I don't have any leads on where to get that spring, or any of the clips.

the trunk lining is available from Clarks Corvair. I already ordered a free sample from them and from SMS Auto Fabrics. Both samples were identical. Clarks will cut and prep them with backing material so that you only need to glue them in. I think the one from SMS is just yardage, so you will need to cut and add your own backing material.

Also, the trunk cardboard from Clarks is already painted the original gray color. I've seen people use carpet and so on.

Please post pics! I will do the same.

Thanks!!

post-65039-143138526373_thumb.jpg

post-65039-143138526375_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Whitewatersky,

Actually, very, very slowly. My original plans called for a 1+ year project to complete this task. That is partly to help with the cost and partly because this is using my spare time, which I have very little to begin with.

Currently, I have the old lining out of the trunk and have started sanding down everything. I did find some interesting damage after I removed the seam sealer around the wheel wells. One of the punctures appears to be factory only because of the direction it came from and the lack of damage on the other side. I'm sure the foreman said "ship it!". So, now its going to take a little longer whilst I get these welded.

post-65039-143138577011_thumb.jpg

post-65039-143138577029_thumb.jpg