1931 DB DH6 build card...

keiser31

Got a copy of the build card for one of my 1931 DB DH6 coupes in the mail today. I find it VERY interesting that the car was ordered with wire wheels (unless I am reading the card wrong), but when it was found by the guy I got it from, it had wood spoke wheels on it!! Who would ever think that someone would have put wood spoke wheels on it after having wire wheels on it? Or...do you think that maybe they ran out of wire wheels and parts at the assembly plant and had to resort to wood? After all of the stories I have heard about assembling cars during the Great Depression, I would not doubt it. It was ordered from Chico, California and then found in Chico, California, so I guess it stayed there all of it's life.

post-37352-143138525301_thumb.jpg

Thats neat, maybe the wires got sold at one point, I would have put the wood on myself over the wire

Me, too! And....I forgot to tell you...the numbers on the card match ALL of the numbers on the car!! Yea!!

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

John,

My build card says it was shipped with wire wheels and since we got the car from the original owner there's no reason to doubt it.

I was told by a old timer in the club that wire wheels were a option back then because they were stronger and didn't need any maintenance.

But who knows.

Joe C.

Another Dodge Brother broke down the build card for me and our assessment is that, yes, it was ordered with wire wheels and since it was the first year offering wire wheels as standard, maybe the customer did not trust those "newfangled" wheels and had it altered by the dealership. Now, if I can square away the title for my other car, I will be able to get the build card for that one, too...maybe.