I just got this car. It has been inside the original owners garage for years. I carried it home, put a new battery in, poured 4.999 gallons a gas in the tank and .001 gallons in the carb. it fired right up. I would like to give the engine a tune up. It has the 259 V8 and an automatic. I would like to find a dist cap, rotor, plugs and wires, points, etc. Can anyone tell me where i can get them? Thank you.

Randy 503-477-4347

The Studebaker Drivers Club, is the right club for you I would guess. They are all 40's thru60's cars and they have a ring of venders that have all that stuff. Some people here may as well, but it seems to be the forum for the pre war Studebakers Club called the Antique Studebakers Club of America, mostly any way. I think you can access the forum and vendor list without being a member. Good luck with your car.

. I would like to give the engine a tune up. It has the 259 V8 and an automatic. I would like to find a dist cap, rotor, plugs and wires, points, etc. Can anyone tell me where i can get them? Thank you.

Randy 503-477-4347

Most of your tune up parts are available at your local NAPA store. But if you want you can get what you need (OEM parts) from. Chuck Collins at Studebaker parts.com

Studebaker Parts ON-LINE

You are lucky, as there are many venders that sell OEM parts for your car. I encourage you to Join the SDC. And the local chapter in your area. Join the fun and adventure of owning a Studebaker with others. Here's the link to the Northwest Chapter based out of Portland. Their newsletter will give you all the info you need on how to join. and parts dealer info. etc.

Studebaker Drivers Club - Northwest Chapter

You can also join the disscusions on

Studebaker Drivers Club Forum

Most of your tune up parts are available at your local NAPA store.

NAPA does less than impress me. My local Carquest is my source for these standard parts.

Absolutely, visit the SDC Forum Studebaker Drivers Club Forum

And the SDC website that has links to all the Studebaker vendors http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/

and join the Studebaker Drivers Club

Studebaker Drivers Club

Edited by starlightcoupe (see edit history)
I just got this car. It has been inside the original owners garage for years. I carried it home, put a new battery in, poured 4.999 gallons a gas in the tank and .001 gallons in the carb. it fired right up. I would like to give the engine a tune up. It has the 259 V8 and an automatic. I would like to find a dist cap, rotor, plugs and wires, points, etc. Can anyone tell me where i can get them? Thank you.

Randy 503-477-4347

You can also try Studebaker International. You can access them from the Studebaker Drivers Club website and go to the link for Studebaker vendors.

Good luck.

Rog

• 4 weeks later...