1959 CADILLAC ELDORADO WANTED

rwchatham

Guest YellowBird

I am really hoping to buy one from a private owner instead of the more common dealers and car hustlers.

So you must have found a buyer for the '59 Eldo you had up for sale a while back?

Guest YellowBird

So you kept the red 59 Eldo then?

IIRC, the 60 Eldo was a basket case.

Your blue 59 Coupe deVille was bought by a guy in Colorado.

Still got your 53 Skylark convertible or did you sell that one too?

The red eldo went into a private collection, was never advertised for sale. Still working on the lark, looking to do one more 59, swore I would never do another due to the cost factor in restoring one but I want to do one last keeper. The thrill for me is in the build. If you are local get in touch with me and I will show you what I have going on.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nesspt2

We found a White 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biaritz in my Uncle's garage. Hasn't been touched for at least 20 years. It has the original bucket seats. It is a convertable. The rust is minimal. I know that this is indeed a very rare car. Where to start...?

• 1 month later...
Guest YellowBird

The only reason I bothered to comment earlier is that you seemed to be trying to come across as a private individual looking to purchase a 1959 Eldo for personal use.

Your comment about wanting to deal with a private owner and not wanting to buy from "common dealers and car hustlers" had me wondering where you would be classified. It seems that you have made a business of buying, selling, restoring these cars though you seem to be trying to imply otherwise.

What reminded me was I noticed your 60 Eldo is available:

1960 CADILLAC ELDORADO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2011-06-22, 9:40PM EDT

Reply to: sale-q4rwu-2457002858@craigslist.org

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1960 Cadillac Eldorado for sale. Complete frame off concours restoration just completed. Over 150K was invested in this beautiful car. This is the finest 60 Eldorado to be found. Ready to show at any concours event .Heather exterior, white bucket seat interior. Not cheap, no dreamers please, interested parties only please.

PostingID: 2457002858

BTW, 'finest 60 Eldo to be found'? I've heard that type of comment previously; usually from a dealer or hustler. And FWIW, saw the car @ Motor Muster. Nice paint but noticed several items which should be corrected for it to be considered amongst the 'finest'.

I doubt I would call a guy working on cars after work in a 2 and a half car garage a business. But since you seem overly concerned about what I do Let me try to explain it to you. I love to build the cars. not a car show kind of guy. I prefer to be in the garage working on my cars but once they are finished due to lack of space and the need to finance the next car I usually sell them. if you think it is for profit that is a big joke and she owes me that you must have very little experience restoring a car. these cars take a tremendous amount of money many many hours to build. so 4 profit it would hardly the worth my time. I prefer to be in the garage working on a car. It sure beats being on the computer worrying about what other people are doing. so unless you have a project for me good luck to you

Forgot to mention thanks for the compliment on the paint.had to use every spare minute I had just to get it ready to be at the show. . was not 100 percent complete. have finished the remaining minor details to the car. Had many approving cummins over the weekend Some people but it should be at meadow brook And the cadillac nationals So I must be doing something right. now that I have finished it you are more than welcome to come by for a private viewing at any time. and if you can find a better 1 fully restored with attention to details I would love to see it. show me what you can find better out there