1958 Oldsmobile Headliner Strips

• 2 years later...

I was also thinking Buick and possibly higher-line Pontiac may have used these, but GM being GM, back then there was probably just enough difference in the pieces to not be exactly correct. As far as fit I'll say since they all used the same basic Fisher body, fit should not be an issue. It would be the appearance details.

But, 55 years later, how many people would pick up on a minor difference in appearance?

Let's hope that after two years Gary has found the pieces he seeks, and if they weren't available in 2011, maybe the fellow making them for Buick can help. He hasn't been here since early 2012 though.

• 2 weeks later...
I was also thinking Buick and possibly higher-line Pontiac may have used these, but GM being GM, back then there was probably just enough difference in the pieces to not be exactly correct. As far as fit I'll say since they all used the same basic Fisher body, fit should not be an issue. It would be the appearance details.

But, 55 years later, how many people would pick up on a minor difference in appearance?

Let's hope that after two years Gary has found the pieces he seeks, and if they weren't available in 2011, maybe the fellow making them for Buick can help. He hasn't been here since early 2012 though.

Actually, I am still looking for the plastic strips and headliner material as well. I would love to learn more about making them and visualize that they must be an extrusion and I wonder if a person made the die if you couldn't hire a screw extrusion machine to run of a 500 foot roll.

My 58 is a Super 88 original J2 model low mileage but needs a lot of work original paint that is nice, body very straight but someone broke out almost all the glass before I got it. Thinking about leaving it as a survivor car with just a new interior and of coarse glass.

Thanks for the interest

Gary

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...