1929 Hup Century

Guest danceswithpumps

Guest danceswithpumps

I thought some of you might like seeing a pic of my dad , sister and my grandad and grandma as they were leaving on a trip from western Nebraska to Oklahoma in their new 1929 Century Hup. The second pic is of my dad's sister, Pat, sitting on the bumper of the new Hup. I remember hearing many stories about this Hup and how good of a car it was. Dad just passed away 6 weeks ago at the age of 91. This pic turned up after he had died and we were going through pics to show at his funeral. He told me many times how nice a car the Hup was and what fun the trip was even for a 10 year old boy. After getting back from the trip. They had stopped to talk to a neighbor they met who was horseback. When granddad started up the Hup, the horse spooked and kicked the hood of the car causing a pretty nasty dent in the almost new car. Granddad sure hated that he had stopped to chat with the neighbor. Dad mentioned that a Hup salesman brought out a new 1934 Hup to demonstrate to my granddad and was seriously thinking of trading but my grandmother took ill and died a few weeks later. Dad always said had she lived they would have gotten the new Hup. Instead they got a Chevy.

Thanks,

Rod van Pelt

20110422162841.jpg

20110422202603.jpg

Guest danceswithpumps

Yes, and it could be that it was the one he had prior to the Hupp. Quite a step up. I think he said he wore out 13 model Ts. My dad's 2 older brothers bought a 28 model A roadster together but don't think grandad ever owned a model A. He did own a Model AA truck. I sold the cab and frame 15 years but kept the motor with the idea of buying a car to put it in but never did.

I'd be interested in seeing more pics of a 29 Century Hupp if any body has some.

Thanks,

Rod

• 3 weeks later...