Sign in to follow this  
Glenn McMahon

Wanted 64 Front Signal Clear Lenses

Hi Everyone,

Looking for the front clear curved signal lamp housing lenses for a 64 Riviera. Are the 63's the same? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Glenn McMahon

ROA #12929:D

I believe that I saw them in the cars catalog,not cheap but where else are you going to find nice pristine units especially if you dont need the chrome housings.

Mark

are you looking for show quality? I have some that i'd put on a driver.

GM Obsolete has them as does OPGI. But as usual, OPGI's price is quite a bit higher.

If they're just cloudy, get a headlight polishing kit and buff them out.

Ed

Good used ones might be hard to find, especially with all the tabs still in tact. You may have to go with the reproduction. I've seen them advertised in OPGI for some time now.

I was just leafing through the OPGI catalog last night and I came across them. They were approximately $170 each.

I know its a bit pricey, but when I unclouded mine it made a HUGE difference. Chances are you'll be pleased with the outcome. Either way the issue should be addressed because a broke lens can allow water in and allow it to sit on the aluminum housing causing it to oxidize.

There should be a flat lens between the beveled one and the lamp housing. There is a gasket that goes between the lenses and the housing. A more common way for crude to get into the housing is if the plug for the cornering lights is cracked or missing. In case you haven't checked yet, GM Obsoletee sells these much cheaper than OPGI.

Ed