Tha passing of Steve Boettger

Bill Clark

It is with profound sorrow that we note the passing of Steve Boettger after a short illness. Steve was one of the four officers that signed the official documents that incorporated our local car club as the Iroquois Region of AACA. He held all the offices in our Region and was editor of our newsletter for about a decade. He was well respected on the national level for his contributions to AACA and we were proud to have him as chief judge at our national show here in Binghamton.

Steve's interests did not stop with automobiles as he also had a passion for music. He was a very talented musician, and played in a number of groups ranging from the local town to more notable entertainers like Swing And Sway with Sammy Kaye.

Steve was a leader, always willing to lend an extra hand to the organizations he was involved in. He took time to share his vast knowledge of antique automobiles and to provide his support to those who needed his help.

Steve was a father, a son, a leader and a friend. His passing leaves a huge vacancy in the ranks of useful men. We will all miss him.

The members of the Iroquois Region extend our deepest and sincere sympathy to his wife Diane, their son Brian, his mom Betty, his dad Bob and the Boettger family.

Calling hours are Tuesday at the Allen Funeral Home in Endicott and the funeral is Wednesday at the Allen Funeral Home.

Bill Clark

Iroquois Region Newsletter Editor

Bill, I am so stunned about this news. Steve was a great guy and a dedicated AACA member. I am sorry I did not have better words for you but they escape me tonight. While people are debating all sorts of issues on this forum the reality of life and the loss of it make a lot of things seem insignificant.

Steve was a dedicated moderator of this site and served wonderfully as chief judge at our meet in Binghamton.

This is truly a sad day for all that knew him.

Bill,

God bless a wonderful person I knew in life. I lack proper words tonight. My sincere thoughts and prayers go out to Steve's family.

It must have been very hard for you to make this post.

Peter J.

Guest 1929model75

My thoughts and prayers go to his family. When I read his obituary I was stunned to say the least. May Steve rest in peace Chris Chervanka